Ilya Mikheyev

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I missed injury. Can someone recap for me?

Best to just watch a replay but the Jersey player lost his footing and his skate came up and clipped Ilya's wrist/hand area.

One of the few times I wish I didn't have an F8500 because I could see a serious trail of blood all the way to the bench.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Best to just watch a replay but the Jersey player lost his footing and his skate came up and clipped Ilya's wrist/hand area.

One of the few times I wish I didn't have an F8500 because I could see a serious trail of blood all the way to the bench.

Oi vey. Was it on the inside or outside of the wrist?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
It looks like the "outside" of the wrist. Another poster guessed about a tendon injury and that's definitely the most concerning thing. The tendons that run on the outside of the wrist are your extensor tendons, they allow you to move your wrist and fingers "up." If you look at the image attached, it looks like he's holding his hand and fingers slightly extended, though it's hard to tell the exact orientation of the index and middle fingers. If those tendons were cut, the fingers and/or wrist would be curled down.

View media item 6935

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Engvall and Mikheyev seem very similar to me, they're big, they skate well, protect the puck well and they have good puck skills with some upside to develop into pretty important players in the near future.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
3 months is probably the season. Don't think it's a good idea to bring him back in or right before the playoffs. At least he'll be able to skate as he recovers so that can keep up with the rest of the league.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Exactly the same as happened to Cal Clutterbuck about a week earlier. Artery and tendons severed.

If players insist on wearing short gloves that don't protect the wrists, they should consider wearing Kevlar wrist bands, similar to the way some players wear Kevlar socks to protect the Achilles tendon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->