Injury Report: Ilya Mikheyev Day to Day

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
What really scares me is the guy all Leaf fans mutually agree has zero finish, has basically identical scorong stats as Foligno this year who many are all hailing as our saviour.

How soon until we hear big-slow-useless Foligno?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What really scares me is the guy all Leaf fans mutually agree has zero finish, has basically identical scorong stats as Foligno this year who many are all hailing as our saviour.

Thats the thing I don't like. The player coming in cannot be the saviour of the team. That player(s) can be the final piece but not the main piece. Guys like AM, Marner, JT, Willie and Reilly needs to hit another gear if the Leafs is to have any success in the playoffs.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Please fix his hands too. This guy would be an amazing hockey player, if he knew how to finish. Like spend an offseason with Matthews, and figure this out, because in every other way, he's got great tools. I can't even emphasize enough, how much of an important piece this kid would be, if he could just finish more often. He just creates so many opportunities for himself, has the size, speed, moves, can throw a hit... just need to add finishing.

Reactions: Lumberg

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
As long as he gets lucky scoring when we really need him to, that’s all I care about. He is a good PKer and is creative enough to be in the middle 6 otherwise. I have high hopes.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
I love how this injury report thread quickly got derailed into a let's evaluate Mikheyev thread.

I'll bite too - honestly reminds me of Kasperi a lot, in that they both have supreme talent but next to no finish. At least we got a king's ransom for KK and now have KK-lite anyway.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Good guy. I want to like him. But these are not the 90s. You can't be a one trick pony

For someone with super speed and being 6'3 I was hoping at least he would use that to his advantage

I miss kapanen compare to him. There was always a chance kappy can finish. He did score 20 goals for us. There's always chance kappy would hit or atleast be difficult to play against

This guy is just so soft. Him and Engvall are just so soft

It's essentially we got the worse of kappy and better of GOAT. If we didn't win with them last year we are not winning with these guys

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

I wonder when people will realize we didn't acquire Foligno for his scoring prowess.

I'm more concerned with Mikheyev that if he isn't scoring he basically adds nothing else.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Good guy. I want to like him. But these are not the 90s. You can't be a one trick pony

For someone with super speed and being 6'3 I was hoping at least he would use that to his advantage

I miss kapanen compare to him. There was always a chance kappy can finish. He did score 20 goals for us. There's always chance kappy would hit or atleast be difficult to play against

This guy is just so soft. Him and Engvall are just so soft

It's essentially we got the worse of kappy and better of GOAT. If we didn't win with them last year we are not winning with these guys
Would be great if Mikheyev found some kind of scoring touch; he's not as good as Kapanen but he is definitely better than those two defensively and is a great fit for his role on this team.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Let's also keep in mind, he was pacing for 16-17 goals, 31-32 assists last year, before the injury. He had his wrist sliced open by Jesper Bratt's skate. The question being, is his arm not fully recovered, or has the damage taken away his skill? I'd give him another full offseason, before concluding what he is. Pacing for 47-49 points last year, is pretty impressive, particularly when that was all at 5v5.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Hard working two way guy that plays with speed. I’d extend him for a few years at his current cap hit.

Then fix his hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad