Player Discussion Ilya Kovalchuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Bergy in full panic mode but don’t worry bud molson will never fire you.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think both Kovy and Scandella make us a better team, and we don't have to give up anything of value.

The question is whether that should really be our goal when we're on pace for 84 points and it being such a good draft year.

Like I said though, I thought they were shrewd moves. Kovy could help our PP and Marco will replace Kulak so I'm good with that.
Shrewd???? :biglaugh: Man the standards are at an all time low.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Lehkonen, Poehling?
They were indisposed of at the time of posting. Also, I may have had a little to drink. Let me try again.

Tatar Danault Gally
Drouin Domi Suzuki
Kovy KK Armia
Poehling Thompson Lehkonen
Byron cycles in and out with Kovy

Reactions: 26Mats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He’s a well known russophobe. Chased every Russian player out of Montreal.

On topic, Kovalchuk is the best pure shooter on the Habs.

- Extended Markov and Emelin
- Traded for Gonchar and Nesterov
- Signed Radulov and Kovalchuk as UFAs
- Drafted Scherbak, Sergachev, Romanov, and Khisamutdinov,

Gonchar retired.
Nesterov decided to go back to the KHL
Emelin was taken in the Expansion Draft
Scherbak was lost to waivers
Sergachev was used in a trade
Romanov is still with the Canadiens, who are doing what they can to try to convince him to sign.
Kovalchuk just signed.

Only Markov and Radulov can be used as an example of ugliness.

But the narrative that MB doesn't like Russians is a false and weak as an argument.

HabsFather

Twitter: @HabsFather
Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net

Da! Bell Centre is going to be electrifying.
Once Kovalchuk sees our speed he's going to know exactly where he needs to be to get his opportunity.

People who think we are getting a bag of pucks are silly. This man can score 20 goals in his sleep and make our players better shooters to boot. I hope he sticks around to see Goal Caufield.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
No risk, but probably no reward either, especially with Julien at the helm. Can't hurt to try, might have enough in the tank for a temporary hot streak ala Fleischmann.

Hopefully the reward is not seeing Weal 16mins/game and 1st PP, it would be very good for my mental health!!!

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It's always interesting to see the gifts player give for a number. Bobrovsky gave Vatrano a Rolex and a bottle of wine for #72. Michael Ryder was supposed to give Gally a watch for #73 but he never came through on it. I wonder what Kovy is going to give Brett.
Maybe he's going to offer him a signed Kovalchuk jersey.

Reactions: THE HOFF

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
People keep saying that he can be flipped at the deadline for a free asset, but who is going to give anything for him if they could have had him for free and he remained unsigned? I guess he could elevate his game in MTL and garner some interest, but it looks like Semin 2.0 to me.

Not saying that the gamble is gonna workout well or anything but players value fluctuates alot, if he starts scoring with the Habs we’re gonna get a pick for him at the TDL for sure.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
It's always interesting to see the gifts player give for a number. Bobrovsky gave Vatrano a Rolex and a bottle of wine for #72. Michael Ryder was supposed to give Gally a watch for #73 but he never came through on it. I wonder what Kovy is going to give Brett.
iu

Maybe this

Reactions: Chr1s97

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He won't deal him if we in the race.
We're not in the race by any means. In fact, you can count to 12 losses and that's when we won't even reach the same point total as last season. So what's Kovalchuk going to do that you think will be extra-ordinary? I think filling seats is the only thing he'll do.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

A toilet, potatoes and a rubber tube.

Reactions: Shabs

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Not sure how many will remember this, but in the weeks leading up to the 2001 draft, Montreal was actually trying to acquire the number 1 overall pick from Atlanta. We were alleged to have offered the 7th and 25th picks, along with Andrei Markov and Jose Theodore. Richard Zednik was a possible addition to the trade as well.

It was later revealed that Waddell wanted Mathieu Garon instead, and Andre Savard refused. There was a show on the NHL Network at the time called All-Access, and Waddell was filmed talking to Savard on the phone. He told Savard that we had the best offer but they were going to keep the puck.

Rumors are that if we would have agreed to include Garon we very likely would have acquired the pick.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
He wants to be finish in a great note. Up to Kovalchuk to find his bearings. It's like the Russian roulette situation for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad