Confirmed with Link: Ilya Kovalchuk to Capitals for 2020 3rd round pick

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
One great thing about a Ovie-Kuzy-Kovy line is that Hagelin-Eller-Wilson should be a freakishly good shutdown line. Good for a top heavy team like Tampa or Boston.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
One great thing about a Ovie-Kuzy-Kovy line is that Hagelin-Eller-Wilson should be a freakishly good shutdown line. Good for a top heavy team like Tampa or Boston.

not a single responsible player in sight lol.....can we guarantee only O zone time? Lol....

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I cant see the chart on my phone real well. What does it say?

Its a massive red blob right in front of the goal and other high danger spots. Like a dominant offensive performance heat map. That's why I joked it looked like our terribad defense instead. It also says its only 40 minutes worth of time.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Its a massive red blob right in front of the goal and other high danger spots. Like a dominant offensive performance heat map. That's why I joked it looked like our terribad defense instead. It also says its only 40 minutes worth of time.

I see, maybe its only a matter of time before something goes in for him then

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
not a single responsible player in sight lol.....can we guarantee only O zone time? Lol....

obviously Kovy is new here so its hard to tell but I don't remember Kovy being very irresponsible... maybe in his early Trasher days but he was a two way beast in New Jersey.

Only way to find out is to try it!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Kovalchuk just needs to score. He's always been responsible defensively. What he always lacked badly is defensive skill. He just can't defend properly. Obviously, it's not the same as being irresponsible.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Tom Wilson is 4th on the team in goals. He is tied for 3rd on the team in EVG but you want to drop him down to the 3rd line? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Edit: come playoffs the opposition is going to put their 1st d pair out against Ov. With Wilson on his line that d pair gets destroyed by the hitting and heavy play that 1st line provides every game. Kovalchuk in for Wilson lets the opposition off the hook

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Tom Wilson is 4th on the team in goals. He is tied for 3rd on the team in EVG but you want to drop him down to the 3rd line? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Edit: come playoffs the opposition is going to put their 1st d pair out against Ov. With Wilson on his line that d pair gets destroyed by the hitting and heavy play that 1st line provides every game. Kovalchuk in for Wilson lets the opposition off the hook

I like the brief O-K-K line after PKs finish, but not as a long term. I think O-K-W is the right top line.. .we won a Cup with it, I'd roll that again and let Kovy get some shifts up there after PKs only.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

I'd keep him up there to going into the playoffs, I just recognize that things will change and having other viable options matter.

It cost us the playoffs last year when Kempny and Oshie went down, I'd like someone to step up this year.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Defense isn't a skill you're getting good at based solely on effort. You're either gifted with understanding basics of the game without the puck or you're not. Bergeron would school 90% of the players in the world in his sleep when it comes to defending. This talk about "effort" and you're suddenly good at defense by putting it in is silly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad