I'll Never Understand Why Teams Are Allowed to Run Interference at the Blue Line

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Players standing on the blue line waiting for a team mate to enter the zone can be pushed offside with no penalty. This is another reason why scoring is down. Connor Carrick tries to push Teemu Pulkkinen offside while the Wild skate down and score.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Because if you actually call penalties you get players and fans throwing temper tantrums.

Plus, letting slow and crappy players (not saying that Carrick is one of those) getting away with interference keeps the good teams from dominating too much, allowing Gary to brag about his parity.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Connor Carrick was trying to get back in the play and collided with a player he didn't see and didn't see him. That's all.

I certainly don't disagree though. Just think that example isn't the best.

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
There is a ton of interference all over the ice that they allow now. They were cracking down on this after the 2005 lockout, but I suspect they've backed off to intentionally slow the game down in an effort to prevent injuries.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Because if you actually call penalties you get players and fans throwing temper tantrums.

Plus, letting slow and crappy players (not saying that Carrick is one of those) getting away with interference keeps the good teams from dominating too much, allowing Gary to brag about his parity.

Like this tonight?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad