Post-Game Talk (GBU): I'll do a real GBU for a change

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
————————————————
Overall, I don’t think the team is that far off. They didn’t look disengaged at all. They looked like a team that know its system blows but keeps banging away at it.

Replace Housley with a real head coach with real systems which a executable, and you’ll see a much different team.

Replace Bogosian and Hunwick from tonight’s defense with Pilut and maybe McCabe, and you’ve got a much better defense.

Put Reinhart with Mittelstadt and Nylander.

Find another center.

This team will make the playoffs.

Might need to add a goalie to that list. They've both been subpar for months.

Reactions: Mitts888

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
They did it. The Sabres are now officially tied for the worst record in the league since the win streak ended:clap:. It would take an epic collapse to not make the playoffs and yet here we are. A 58 point SEASON pace over the course of the last 46 games. Progress :sarcasm:
They managed to do something not many could.
I guess thats the progress JB & Housley are talking about

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I completely missed Botterill saying that. I haven't been on the fire bighead train, but that's my boarding ticket right there. If Botts doesn't want to can Housley, then they can both go.
He should not be safe but in a safe to keep him away from this team!

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Just read the Leaf fans having a melt down in their post game thread and I feel much much better! Happy St.Patricks Day!
tbf, playoffs is all about timing and playing at your best when it matters.
I can easily see i.e Matthews heating up at the exact right moment, and clutchness comes with his package.

Just a hot take, but i think a second round exit of Tampa is as likely as the Leafs making the Finals.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Who thinks it would have been better to rotate rookies out of Rochester instead of the stale approach Botterill established?
Nylander should have started up here/
At least in December they should have started plug in guys from the Amerks & sent Tage down.

Reactions: Aladyyn

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Who thinks it would have been better to rotate rookies out of Rochester instead of the stale approach Botterill established?
At least in December they should have started plug in guys from the Amerks & sent Tage down.
"
Dear Debaser,

it was a tough choice. In the end it came down to height, Tage was just the biggest out of all the other call-up options.

yours truly,
Botterill

sent from Pegulas Yacht

"

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
A couple of weeks ago, Harrington mentioned to Botterill that "the fans" expect the coach to be fired.

Botterill was incredulous! He responded by asking "The fans want the coach to be fired?" And when Harrington confirmed that yes, that is what he was getting at, Botterill simply said: "NO" and then went on to explain why the coach wouldn't be replaced.

IMO Botterill was sending a message to the players that they will not be able to get rid of their coach as easily as they did with Bylsma. Not on Botterill's watch anyway!

So yes, fire them both.

That's a super dumb message to send to...whoever it was meant for (players/fans/media). The message the FO should always be sending is "we want to win and will do whatever we can to make that happen." So, yup, fire everybody.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Not like it's difficult. If Botterill can't do basic shit like this what CAN he do?

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Your excuses for Botterill know no ends.

How is this an excuse ? This is me pretty pissed off . I have defended Botterill for a while but My trust and faith in him is getting thinner and thinner with each day that passes that Housley is still the coach

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Not like it's difficult. If Botterill can't do basic **** like this what CAN he do?

We’re going to be a team about developing and building within. It’s a process so....Tage and Mittelstadt, we need you in the lineup right away, Mittelstadt we need you at center right away...Says one thing, his actions say something else.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How is this an excuse ? This is me pretty pissed off . I have defended Botterill for a while but My trust and faith in him is getting thinner and thinner with each day that passes that Housley is still the coach

That you think he's now tank commanding by allowing Housley to coach seems incredulous.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
That you think he's now tank commanding by allowing Housley to coach seems incredulous.

It was a joke haha . But saying that Botterill has done absolutely nothing to improve the situation like at all. The Senators were getting embarrassed and fired Boucher. Botterill is simply hoping and praying we get improvement so he doesn’t have to fire Housley and we all know that’s not going to happen until after the season .

I just sadly hope the loosing continues so Botterill can finally realize enough is enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad