OT: I'll be cheering hard for Marty tonight.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
And with that I think I can personally close the book on MSL. He didn't get his Cup so I can move on to enjoying players who want to play here and 4 first rounders in the next two drafts. I'll root for the Rangers lose every game next season for draft position but what Marty does or doesn't do I don't care.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Thank you! This one is for you Callahan! No way they get the cup without their heart and soul captain! Sign with Tampa and win your cup there!

Lets be honest, they wouldn't even be close to cup contention with Callahan there.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Lets be honest, they wouldn't even be close to cup contention with Callahan there.

There's no way to know that. It's not as if St. Louis led the playoffs in scoring. Had, what, 16 points in 25 games?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Thank you! This one is for you Callahan! No way they get the cup without their heart and soul captain! Sign with Tampa and win your cup there!

I have no idea what sather was thinking but now has no 1st rounders for two years.

Basically must buy out richards and trade nash to even put a team respectable team on ice next year which wont be a stanley cup finalist again lol. The kids you have in system are not that great miller is ready mcclrath but rest?

Not good could take a bit of work for going after this one imo.

How can you sign brassard? 3.2? kreidier 2.5? zuccarello 4 something? plus another 5 guys 2 defenders needed and all the ufa's you have

sure the ufas are 2 million dollar types but still needed and now marty is gonna be your leader moving forward? Nash and richards gone? Just wow bad management.

Now will stop but when looked at stuff tonight was like what a mess.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Are you serious?

2012 they got very close, and he was one of the main factors. Played excellent in that ECF.

And this isn't 2012.

St.louis as bad as he was by his standards was their leader in goals, gwg, highest scoring forward and PP producer, doubt they get out of the first round with Callahan instead, and as bad as it sounds, his mom passing is probably the biggest reason they were able to beat the Pens in the 2nd round.

There's no way to know that. It's not as if St. Louis led the playoffs in scoring. Had, what, 16 points in 25 games?

No but the skill difference is tremendous, it's not like the Rangers lacked anything Callahan brings, if anything they needed an even more skilled guy than St.louis.

And Callahan had a big goose egg in production for us when it mattered.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
if anyone wants to bet ... let me know.

I will bet that the Rangers will not return to the finals for the next 10 years.

I actually think longer but I do not want to wait that long to receive the moola.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

That annoys me, not what you said, but the comments oh "With Callahan they are not cup contenders" He scored 6 goals in 20 games in that 2012 run, and brought his defense and grit to the table as well. He is not and never will be the team top scorer. Well that season playoffs he was. He is a 2nd line guy who will shut down the other team when there is a one goal lead.

Rangers against LA needed a guy like Callahan to help their PP, and to add that grit. How many dirty goals did LA score?

MSL did not average a point per game, he still had a very good playoffs offensively, but his defense was not good, and that is where Cally makes up the difference.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Rangers will continue to be a playoff team, but they won't contend for the Cup for several years. Their window will be closing in 2 or 3 years and they have virtually no farm to replenish the roster and no first round picks for 2 years to replenish the farm. This was a kind of 'all-or-nothing' move by Sather and he busted.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers will continue to be a playoff team, but they won't contend for the Cup for several years. Their window will be closing in 2 or 3 years and they have virtually no farm to replenish the roster and no first round picks for 2 years to replenish the farm. This was a kind of 'all-or-nothing' move by Sather and he busted.

The Callahan trade made it worse for them, they lost 2 of their first round pics, and traded for a guy who will be 40 yo next year. So yeah their window is now.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
That annoys me, not what you said, but the comments oh "With Callahan they are not cup contenders" He scored 6 goals in 20 games in that 2012 run, and brought his defense and grit to the table as well. He is not and never will be the team top scorer. Well that season playoffs he was. He is a 2nd line guy who will shut down the other team when there is a one goal lead.

Rangers against LA needed a guy like Callahan to help their PP, and to add that grit. How many dirty goals did LA score?

MSL did not average a point per game, he still had a very good playoffs offensively, but his defense was not good, and that is where Cally makes up the difference.

I agree with you man. Rangers wouldn't win the Cup this year anyway because the Kings are just a damn buzzsaw, but there isn't any way to know that the Rangers wouldn't have made it this far or farther with Cally in and Oompa Loompa out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Would love to see the Rangers buyout Nash or Richards and then see the other continue to regress. Whatever it takes to get us into the 2015 lottery.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And this isn't 2012.

St.louis as bad as he was by his standards was their leader in goals, gwg, highest scoring forward and PP producer, doubt they get out of the first round with Callahan instead, and as bad as it sounds, his mom passing is probably the biggest reason they were able to beat the Pens in the 2nd round.

Maybe the Rangers needed Callahan and MSL to win the cup.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

I think you havent looked at capgeek when making this statement. I had no idea how bad it was but go take a gander than say they are a cup team next two years?

They have no money. They need to sign major people that are going to cost them especially kreider zuccarello and brassard. Maybe they let falk and john moore walk?

They still need 4-5 forwards and 2 dmen and dont have close to the money so have to buy out richards that is still not enough to keep guys like pouliott and boyle and dom moore. Its ugly meaning they lose nash and richards to compete basically or play a ton of kids that are not ready.

Maria

Sep 15, 2004
Sweet justice!!!!!

Sorry for the NY rangers,specially for Brad and Moore, I just couldn't cheer for a team with that man there.

Enjoy the off-season Louie :D

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
The Rangers are in huge trouble for many years. I would like to see if Rags fans still feel the same about the Marty trade that they did a few weeks ago.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Would love to see the Rangers buyout Nash or Richards and then see the other continue to regress. Whatever it takes to get us into the 2015 lottery.

Yes please. If we get a top 10 pick with their pick next year...oh man the trollololols to my brother will be grand.

I will continue to root against St. Louis until he retires. I will not be so vocal about my hatred but I don't respect him and I don't want to see him succeed. The fact that that plays hand in hand with wanting the Rangers to tank is just a plus.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think you havent looked at capgeek when making this statement. I had no idea how bad it was but go take a gander than say they are a cup team next two years?

They have no money. They need to sign major people that are going to cost them especially kreider zuccarello and brassard. Maybe they let falk and john moore walk?

They still need 4-5 forwards and 2 dmen and dont have close to the money so have to buy out richards that is still not enough to keep guys like pouliott and boyle and dom moore. Its ugly meaning they lose nash and richards to compete basically or play a ton of kids that are not ready.

Didn't say they'd be Cup contenders. In fact, I said the opposite. They will be a playoff team, but they will not be contending for the Cup.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree with you man. Rangers wouldn't win the Cup this year anyway because the Kings are just a damn buzzsaw, but there isn't any way to know that the Rangers wouldn't have made it this far or farther with Cally in and Oompa Loompa out.

They were 6 wins away from a cup with Callahan, and 3 wins from a cup this season without him. Not exactly a huge difference imo. Rangers got lucky this post season, a Hurt Price and Mason, and Fleury being Fleury. lol.

Nash is a waste and cannot score goals when they need them, Richards was playing on the 4th line and ran out of gas, and they booted Callahan out. Makes me laugh.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I agree about feeling bad for Henrik.

His save percentage in elimination games was sitting at .971 after Wednesday night. Tonight he was "only" 48/51, which is a .948 save percentage. And that .948 wasn't enough for New York to win. That guy is a winner who has never gotten the full credit he deserves.

This was annoying for me, someone who has always kinda/sorta liked the Rangers, having to root against them the one year they were finally in the Cup Final. Marty really ruined things more for me than I really thought he could. I look forward to when I can have some allegiances and kind thoughts about the entire New York roster again.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Didn't say they'd be Cup contenders. In fact, I said the opposite. They will be a playoff team, but they will not be contending for the Cup.

I dont think they have any options but to trade nash and buy out richards. We will see its gonna get ugly. So on this is all on marty he threw away winning a cup imo here. Cause by time he should have retired we were going to get to that level.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree about feeling bad for Henrik.

His save percentage in elimination games was sitting at .971 after Wednesday night. Tonight he was "only" 48/51, which is a .948 save percentage. And that .948 wasn't enough for New York to win. That guy is a winner who has never gotten the full credit he deserves.

This was annoying for me, someone who has always kinda/sorta liked the Rangers, having to root against them the one year they were finally in the Cup Final. Marty really ruined things more for me than I really thought he could. I look forward to when I can have some allegiances and kind thoughts about the entire New York roster again.

I just want to say, I'm not happy, just relieved. I jumped off the band wagon when the Rangers were winning, and this just is a sigh of relief. I just want to move onto next season and hope Cally ends up in Tampa.

Just to add, even if Cally does not sign with Tampa, Lightning will be my 2nd team.

Anyway, time to watch and focus on the Yankees and Derek Jeter's final season. :D

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
if anyone wants to bet ... let me know.

I will bet that the Rangers will not return to the finals for the next 10 years.

I actually think longer but I do not want to wait that long to receive the moola.

You may want to clarify what you mean. What if they get to conference finals?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad