I'll be at the game tomorrow...

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Probably not thread worthy but still a big thing for me. Last time I attended an NHL game was the Nordiques in 1994, so 20 years ago. It will be my first time at the Bell Center as well.

Will use this thread to post pics and story later.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Have a great time ! :handclap: The last time I went to an NHL game in a stadium was back in 2008 : Sharks @ Blues season game in December. A television experience of the game isn't nearly as intense and heart thrilling as being there in the stadium ! I think what I enjoyed most when in the stadium was feeling the cool air (it almost felt as if you were in the north pole :laugh:) and hearing the noise of the skates and the puck.

6 years without seeing a game in a stadium is already much too long for me, so I can't even imagine 20 years :laugh:.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Enjoy it... even if the ave lose, you still could end up having fun depending who you go with and the people you sit around. I had pretty good time last game, there was a lot of ave fans where I sat.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ok just got back home.

I decided to wear my AVS jersey and it turned out that we were many people doing that. About half of the AVS jerseys in the crowd were MacKinnon's (and that was a LOT). I'd say that other than Price and Subban, MacKinnon had the most popular jersey in the crowd (I personally saw maybe 30-40 different people wearing one). Also saw several Sakic, Roy, Landy, Duchene...and even a Hedjuk one.

Bell Center is LOUD. You can feel that you're in hockey town there, people know what's going on.

As for the AVS' performance, I've not read the GDT and I've no idea how it was seen by people watching it on TV.

But from watching it live:

- Best AVS player was Duchene and it's not even remotely close. Him and Subban were clearly ahead of everyone else on the ice.

- Mitchell was good

- Mack was invisible for most of the game except for a couple of times and he mishandled the puck.

- Worst AVS player was Iginla. He could have scored 10 goals at the end of the 3rd and I'd still vote him as the worst player. Every single time that he touches the puck he takes a bad decision. He's killing 50%+ of Duchene's plays and that was infuriating to watch. He's like the anti-veteran: He's still fast but with **** hockey IQ. Could be the system....I don't know what it is but there's something very wrong with him.

- The second line was crap.

- The Briere line was good.

- McLeod needs to stop fighting.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
- Worst AVS player was Iginla. He could have scored 10 goals at the end of the 3rd and I'd still vote him as the worst player. Every single time that he touches the puck he takes a bad decision. He's killing 50%+ of Duchene's plays and that was infuriating to watch. He's like the anti-veteran: He's still fast but with **** hockey IQ. Could be the system....I don't know what it is but there's something very wrong with him.
People must be taking out this slow start on Iginla because there's no chance he was the worst Avs player last night.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
People must be taking out this slow start on Iginla because there's no chance he was the worst Avs player last night.

He was literally killing all the plays on the ice making Duchene pretty much useless. From turning the puck over in the offensive zone to taking a weak SOG when he shouldn't have, the list goes on and on.

Again I don't know what was shown on TV but watching it live was not fun. It's not like I'm biaised against him or anything, it happened. Also, it's not a slow starter or lack of effort issue. He's trying and he's much faster than I thought he'd be. He just makes bad plays, constantly, shift after shift.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
He was literally killing all the plays on the ice making Duchene pretty much useless. From turning the puck over in the offensive zone to taking a weak SOG when he shouldn't have, the list goes on and on.

Again I don't know what was shown on TV but watching it live was not fun. It's not like I'm biaised against him or anything, it happened. Also, it's not a slow starter or lack of effort issue. He's trying and he's much faster than I thought he'd be. He just makes bad plays, constantly, shift after shift.
Agreed 100% watching from home, or actually Lando was worse but still.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Agreed 100% watching from home, or actually Lando was worse but still.

Landy was invisible (ie: not good), I barely noticed the 2nd line during the whole game. Iggy on the other hand was VERY visible, he made me scream obscenities all night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad