GDT: III | "Rise & Shine" | Oilers @ Rangers | 10.13.18 | 11:00 AM | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Garrison/Chiasson earned their contracts during preseason. Benning/Kassian didn't even earn spots on the lineup during preseason. This is inexusable by Tmac to not even give these guys a chance over two useless players.

Reactions: McDrai

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Surprisingly, Lundqvist's career stats against the Oilers are:
10 gp
5-2-2
.909 save percentage
2.49 gaa

I expected the winning record but the save percentage is a bit lower than I thought it would be.

Only 4 teams have a lower saving percentage:
Vegas .882
Toronto .897
Montreal .901
Minnesota .879

Columbus and Washington also have the same .909 saving percentage.

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
This one is a guaranteed win given who's the opponent. Whether it's good or bad for the team long term is to be determined.

Reactions: TonyDay

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
My prediction, The Rangers score two quick ones, then Lundqvist shuts the door. 2-0 Rangers final score. McClellan fired after the game replaced by Sutter.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Kassian and Benning still comfortable in their spots I see.

What I'd like to try:

Rieder-McDavid-Draisatl
Lucic-Hopkins-Rattie
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi
Cagguila/Yamamoto-Brodziak-Chiasson

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Garrison
Russell-Bouchard

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Well
My frustrations over as it always seems to be prior to game time!

I said I would give them a pass the first game before it was played but it was hard to do so after witnessing that debacle.
I also told myself to have no expectations for game 2 but I ended up being so disappointed.

I just want effort today. Show your true colors. What are you as a team? As a player? If you have a role - do it to the best of your ability. If you are tasked to lead or coach, then do so.
It is late already at only 3 games in. Go Oil.

Last edited:
Reactions: PulYou

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
What is worst October result wise for a team in NHL history? Just asking...

Don't have to go too far back, Arizona started the year 0-10-1 last year and finally won in their 12th game, then lost the next game to finish the month at 1-11-1. Could the Oilers be that bad this month? I highly doubt it just because of McDavid, but Todd's pretty stubborn so....

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
A bunch of negative Nancies in here after only 2 games. At least wait until game five to panic.

Go McOilers! In McJesus we trust. McDavid with 10 points today to get into the scoring lead.

Is that your line? Game 5? Posts like this remind me of myself when driving. If I'm doing 110 in a 100 zone and someone passes me I immediately think he's an a*shole. Dosent matter that I'm speeding - he's speeding more!

If people want to be negative that their right.

Last edited:
Reactions: PulYou

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Well if we lose this game we can blame @Soli

I was gonna put my 6-0 preseason GDT record on the line, but my hands are clean now. ;)

Far too early in the season for #BlameSoli.

Last edited:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Thanks for the heads up any more advice like jumping off a bridge cause the oiler sux or brown bagging it causes were Oiler fans.I been through enough highs and lows with this team that no matter how bad they are i will always stand behind them and not be a bandwagon jumper

Amen!

I have been disgusted by this org time and again. But I don't ever see a day that my heart and sole is not theirs.

Last edited:

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
This should be a thing....Oilers fans dressing for games like its a funeral....a funeral for McDavids potential career. Also being completely dead silent.

Or even more appropriate...

newcoach_7vb0rxqosu.png

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

What I'd like to try:

Rieder-McDavid-Draisatl
Lucic-Hopkins-Rattie
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Garrison
Russell-Bouchard

Well I'm not sure about that second line but because of the defense pairings and McDavid with Draisaitl this lineup looks better than what Todd's been throwing out there.

Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I'll say it again. None of us should be hoping for a loss. If you're not cheering for the Oilers, then why are you here? I don't mean you personally, not singling you out, but people in general.

I'm as miserable and frustrated as anyone. I want the coach fired, I want the GM held accountable, but above all else I want the Oilers to ****ing win.

Awesome

I want change - whatever that is- if we can't succeed. But I'll never cheer for us not to, or to tank, not give a sh..... etc.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
I just cannot fathom how Benning is getting 2nd pairing minutes when he cost us 2 goals last game. Kassian is another player that should be benched but he is not. I really hope they lose tonight because I want change, this stuff is depressing.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

What I'd like to try:

Rieder-McDavid-Draisatl
Lucic-Hopkins-Rattie
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Garrison
Russell-Bouchard

I've never posted my take on trying the lines. I will sometime but I like your thinking. There is complenary components there and somethinh should be tried if lines are to be changed up.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Usually takes 40-50 games before I feel this way. But I care more about McDavid scoring points than I do winning atm.

That will change the sooner we fire McLellan.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I also hope they try Bouchard on the first PP unit (give them a righty) and Garrison on the second (give them a lefty). What a concept that would be!

Reactions: RegDunlop

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Lineup as per Jack Michaels:

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Caggiula-Strome-Puljujärvi
Rieder-Brodziak-Khaira

Klefbom-Larssson
Nurse (200th GP)-Russell
Garrison-Bouchard

Nice, Benning is sitting