Speculation: III. 2014 Stars Offseason Thread: Miniature American Flags for Others

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Going by Capgeek: Eakin, Roussel, Dillon? Wonder who he heard back from.

Really doesn't matter honestly.

Dillon seems like the most difficult.

Too many great comparables for both Eakin and Roussel. Just some close to spot on similar players.

Those two should only drag out if Nill is trying for more term.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I just read something about Eakin and Dillon being repped by the same guy, so probably Roussell.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Starry ... here's why the return for Kesler is so great:

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1m

On Feb 26th, 2014 McKenzie said the Canucks wanted a 20-25 year old 1A or 1B C who was currently in the NHL for Kesler.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
The tealeaves suggest St. Louis going after Statsny. I don't think Murray was very high on STL offers so those conversations probably went dry. I think Dallas is the frontrunner for Spezza as it stands.

Based on what?

Based on this sumbiatch

681061-jim-nill-remplace-joe-nieuwendy.jpg

I'm all in on Spezza. Go get him Nillsy you Moustachin' Assassin.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I didn't read that line before ... why the hell would OTT not be high on STL offer ... the speculation is the Berglund contract happened last night to potentially increase his value.

He's a better return than what Dallas could give IMO, and I think STL would be crazy to offer him.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge

Nill said he'd prefer to have Jack Campbell playing games in Austin, so the Stars are in the market for a backup goaltender.

Now we can stop talking about that thankfully. This was a no brainer that many people refused to see.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
As much as we'd like to say Anaheim got Kesler cheap - and I still think he's one of the best all-around forwards in the game when he's healthy and properly motivated - I still remember cursing Bonino for the timely goals he got and the gritty effort he put forward in Round 1, even mores than some of the Ducks' big name players. The only question is whether he can consistently turn out the effort he did this year.

I believe, also, that when they were talking about Stepan, Kadri, etc. that those were more mid-season valuations and I think there was more of a premium to be paid at the deadline, knowing what Kesler might have done for a team then.

Spezza's price will be lower than most think, indeed, but it still may be enough for a general manager to say he's just as well served with one of the many other options available this summer.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Now we can stop talking about that thankfully. This was a no brainer that many people refused to see.

I wanted him there for another year too. Being injured most of this season didn't help his progression so good on Nill for seeing that.

Hope we get a decent back up.

starshockeyfan56

Aug 2, 2005
The Xcalibur
Spezza's price will be lower than most think, indeed, but it still may be enough for a general manager to say he's just as well served with one of the many other options available this summer.

This is where I see Nill landing as well. Maybe Lecavalier, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just decides to roll with Eakin and bring up guys from Austin.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I'm no Kesler fan, but I'm more shocked by what McKenzie was saying. He was the one throwing out names like Stepan out of NY .... Kadri out of Toronto. He's not just guessing. I'm assuming that's what Vancouver legitimately thought they'd get.

Their empty threat of not keeping him is pretty cute now ... same for Ottawa.

I don't think Vancouver's return is bad at all like you're saying ... it's just very few others believed that. Kind of funny to see now.

:laugh: I think you misunderstood me. I feel they won the trade. Vancouver that is.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Lol so are you just going to pick individual sentences from my answer to use as the answer itself?

Re-read the post please. Also there really isn't a need to be digging into skepticism on me. I simply stated this was my opinion because all of the reports of teams who were in on Spezza seem to be going different directions.
ANA trades for Kesler

STL signs Berglund to an extension probably in hopes of signing Statsny.

The statement on the cap today? Chicago is probably out.

Arizona? Idk. That's.....yeah idk.

Dallas? You fill in the blanks, man. We've been the quietest about this whole thing yet all of us who have a good idea of what's going on internally know we can deal some expendable yet semi-valuable pieces, in order to solidify our top 6 without sweating.

Let me have my fun dammit.

lol no.

I asked if you had something substantial to base such a statement off of and a big part of your answer was your hunch. I'm not trying to bend you over here, some people hear something that others haven't and so when that happens us late to the party peeps need to know what that is.

You have literally nothing other than your gut to put us at the front of the pack for Spezza. That and the fact that one team is off the list, but then again, we knew somebody was going to be off the list by virtue of trading for Kesler.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Loved Ribs when he was with us but I don't want to be throwing a welcome back party for him anytime soon. I much rather go with Eakin as our 2nd line center than Ribs.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Vancouver is gonna get 1st overall. They just traded for the 50th pick so that's what, 4 picks in top 50?

I think so too. I wonder who will be going to Florida though. From reading Panthers fans and Tallon, he definitely wants to stay in the top end of the draft, but they also want an established NHL player.

bug

Jun 27, 2012
Vancouver is about to trade for the first overall pick and sign Stastny and Miller aren't they??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad