GDT: IIHF World Championship

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Gaudreau scored his first of the tournament against Finland. Almost his favourite "skate to the net from left wing and shoot for the right top corner", except that it was shot just behind goal line this time.

Also Kakko is really good and strong at protecting the puck :amazed:

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I love the unpredictability of this tournament.

The host Slovakia have looked very good, too bad they only have 1 win in 4 games but their remaining schedule is pretty soft.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Frolik with 14 points in 7 games now 3rd in points at the tournament, behind Nylander and Voracek. Edged out Kucherov, who has a game in hand tonight, though.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
On the first goal by the Canadians Johnny just watched Dubois. He didn't close.. Didn't re-position just watched.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Frolik with 14 points in 7 games now 3rd in points at the tournament, behind Nylander and Voracek. Edged out Kucherov, who has a game in hand tonight, though.

Him and Voracek are magic together, We should try to squeeze Philly for something useful long term.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Him and Voracek are magic together, We should try to squeeze Philly for something useful long term.
They are childhood friends. It's a dream come true for them to play together on the first line of the national team. Besides, they both have so-so seasons behind them, so there is a lot to prove.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I don’t think Severson would be in the NHL if he didn’t have his shot

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
ca58daa7671d44b097dddb47c67a868e.jpg

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
A day later, I have to say that Swedish team performed worse than any Swedish team ever I've seen, especially when looking at the rosters on paper as well. Sweden had 21 NHL players, Finland had 2 NHL players (Lammikko NHL 4 liner / AHL player, Jokiharju rookie) and the team had 18 first-time IIHF World Championship players.

Sweden lead 2-1 after first, and scored in the first minute of the second. After that it was all Finland with 2 goals, and then Sweden scored again at the end of the period.

Finland was absolutely dominant in the third and finally tied 1.30 before end of regulation. Sweden had 2 shots on goal in the third. Honestly I dont know if they just decided to try to protect the lead or just couldnt do anything because Finns pressured them so much, but holy shit what domination by Finland, so much that it doesnt really even make sense. Awful coaching or really tired Swedish team, or really well coached Finnish team. Went to bed around midnight but it was worth it, even though I dont usually get that excited about IIHF games anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Should be a good matchup. I've been rooting along Finland after they beat Canada on Day 1, but Canada look like they've found a higher gear in the 2nd half of the tournament.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Canada is clearly better than Sweden or Russia in their games against Finland, but Finland still has a chance. They should've scored on that penalty shot though. Why the hell it was Kaski

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Anttila has 3 goals in the tournament: game tying goal with 1.30 left against Sweden, only goal in the game against Russia, and now huge goal against Canada. If Finland wins this, he's gonna be the next legend for us

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Johnny has no gas in the tank
Boy needs to pace himself...he can't play every game.
Even kawhi rests for important game.

It's more important to play to win than to play every game and cherry picking for points

Smarten up Johnny or whoever the f*** is handling him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad