GDT: IIHF WHC: Time to close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Late thread but I will be (am) watching these games today.

Sekera with a beauty move around Swe's net to set up an open goal for his team mate, who then missed the puck... Too bad but some good skating there by Sekera, which is a good sign.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Swe-Svk 4-3 (OT)

Good game by Larsson once again. 23:55 TOI without any PP or OT TOI.

Awarded as best player on team Sweden
Screenshot_20180512-153020_YouTube.jpg

Sekera looked pretty good to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: rickysusedsht

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Larsson is going to have a big bounce back year next year.

Didn't realize he was bad this year. But I think Larsson is threatening to break out in a huge way. He's already a defensive stud, and rock solid in his own zone. I think his offence still has a lot of untapped potential.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I hope so but don't base it off this tourney alone.
Nylander dominated last year and he was just ok this seasin

I don't base it off this tournament alone I just think he has much more to give and will return to his 2016-17 form.

Reactions: A91

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Didn't realize he was bad this year. But I think Larsson is threatening to break out in a huge way. He's already a defensive stud, and rock solid in his own zone. I think his offence still has a lot of untapped potential.

He was decent this year, I think he's got more to give offensively. He just didn't seem fully like himself this year.

I'm a huge Larsson supporter and have high expectations for him he's such a smart hockey player. His gap control and defensive play are excellent.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I'd agree he was not bad this year. He it was his worst season since he broke out in NJD in 14/15 imho opinion but you cannot really call it bad.

I also agree with the rest, however it will be tough to rack up points without PP time, and as things are he won't get that (which makes sense, I wouldn't put him on the PP unless we field 2 D per PP)

Edit: of course the good part in all this is that he was just selected man-of-the-match despite having 0 G 0 A and 0 shots... He brings other things to the table which can be damn valuable.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Wish McDavid was given a bit more icetime.

Seems like he's barely been on the ice this period. Guess I'm just used to how he's used on the Oilers.

Reactions: LaGu

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Wish McDavid was given a bit more icetime.

Seems like he's barely been on the ice this period. Guess I'm just used to how he's used on the Oilers.

He'll be giving Peters enough nightmares later this fall, he doesn't want to start having them in the summer.

I haven't been paying any attention to the WHC, is our newly acquired 'tender playing or on the roster for Team Finland?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Larsson is going to have a big bounce back year next year.

If our coaches get away from safe hockey in our end. Funny how the Ducks GM complained about the lack of pace Carlyle has his D playing with last year and put it on the , we have the same issue (although, obviously can argue our D group is less capable). Weird how they are keeping Carlyle and letting the guy that coached the D go. I hope the lack of pace rooted from Carlyle in the end, his Toronto teams we always very weak in their own end.

Our game plan from our end is full of stationary plays and lame stretch passing. Can only pray McLellan is watching some other teams and seeing how you need to have the forwards participating more in motion, giving D options. Even a guy like Engelland can look like a puck mover with a proper system.

Last edited:

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Canada's goaltending...

giphy.gif

It really is a weak point for Canada. I was looking at this list of active Canadian goaltenders and there's very little depth in that list at least compared to other positions.

Probably something Hockey Canada should start looking at.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It really is a weak point for Canada. I was looking at this list of active Canadian goaltenders and there's very little depth in that list at least compared to other positions.

Probably something Hockey Canada should start looking at.

Most CHL goalies get absolutely lit up. Probably hard to develop goalies properly in a super high scoring league.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Larsson played half the year with a back injury and then had to deal with the death of his father. He should be back to form by next season, as should Sekera.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
... once in a while though, it is amazing to see McD skate.

Barzal also looks like a damn good skater, closest to McD I have seen on big ice but Barzal seems to be trying to play NA-ice game. He should use the open spaces more imo, he'll outskate anyone there.

Reactions: PulYou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad