IIHF wants Stanley Cup champions to play European Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attica

Feb 21, 2004
The Office
What about an all-star team from the NHL, and one from the combined leagues of Europe.

That's nowhere near a fair fight though.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Dan Galvin said:
I agree that the European leagues are better than people give credit for,but I'm not sure how hard the Leafs were playing in an exhibition game that was at the beginning of thier camp. :dunno:

Maybe not that hard, but what makes you think that Jokerit played any harder. And even if they did, it's not like they were the best team in Finland last season...

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
tommi462 said:
Maybe not that hard, but what makes you think that Jokerit played any harder. And even if they did, it's not like they were the best team in Finland last season...
What makes me think Jokerit played harder is that they have a lot more to prove (maybe get noticed by an NHL team)than an NHL team on a trip preparing for a long 82 game season. As well as them playing at home in Finland and trying to appease the hometown fans. Also who wouldn't play hard against some old fellow countrymen and players they have looked up to that play in the best league in the world? Just my opinion though. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->