GDT: IIHF U18s - Hughes Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
whoever snags him and pairs him w a creative center, i guarantee caufield will break 20 goals next season (if he plays). the way the game is played nowadays should enable him

I think he screams of a player that can use a year or two to mature physically. I’ve been assuming he won’t be in the nhl next year, let alone the year after that.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
All well and good, but I wouldn't be looking to take a player with a top 10 pick who relies on other linemates to drive play. I think he would be a great selection for a team in need of scoring who already has their foundation built up, but Caufield is a luxury item. I don't think any of the rebuilding teams in the top 10 can afford to take him over guys like Krebs, Zegras, Boldy, etc. Everyone knows that he's an absolute sniper who can put the puck in the net with ease. But for a 5'7" guy with average skating, a top 10 pick is a pretty steep price.

Im think the Oilers might need a winger, if they only had the right center :sarcasm:

Reactions: Billdo

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
About 25%.

I think Caufield would have 25% less points if Hughes did not exist.

I also think Hughes would have about 10% less points if Caufield did not exist.

The relationship goes both ways.

Do they have to not exist? Couldn't you just put them on separate lines?

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I think @StevenToddIves has talked about him a lot as being a sniper who may be available with our 2nd rounder.

Brink is a heck of a player. His shooting and vision are both excellent, he's going to put up points at any level. Though the smart money has him being drafted in the late first round, it is not out of the realm of possibility that he falls to the Devils at #34.

Though I would prefer to see the Devils get a defenseman with the #34 pick, it would be a very difficult thing to pass on a forward of Brink's potential if he were to slip into the early second round.

The Devils organization sorely lacks right-shooting wingers with high-scoring potential. Joey Anderson projects as a middle-6 winger, Nathan Bastian as a bottom-6 banger. Nikita Popugayev and Fabian Zetterlund are still "cross-your-fingers" projects. Mikey McLeod might be moved to the right wing with the recent influx of center depth, and who knows? Maybe his speed will be better utilized on the flank. But to me, Bobby Brink is the highest-upside scoring possibility of any right-shot winger who could conceivably fall to the #34 slot.

There are some scoring right-shot wingers with upside I have mentioned who the Devils could take a shot on in the later rounds. Also on the US-NTDP is Judd Caulfield. I am also high on the potential of American RWs Bryce Brodzinki, Ryder Donovan and Shane Pinto. One or more of those names will certainly be around in the third or even fourth rounds.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Knock out stage starts today.

Fin's gave us trouble in the exhibition, though jet lag was likely an issue.

But Fin's are not the team you hope to see in the opening round of this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad