Olympics: IIHF: Rosters can be changed only due to "valid reason", not performance

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Doesn't mean a KHLer will be the difference at the Olympics.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why? In this years final both goals were scored by KHLers. How is that not being the difference? You wanna bet your money that Russian KHLers will not contribute like score goals etc?

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
If KHL'ers and alike could be swapped for any reason and able to be replaced with NHL players for any reason up until the day before the Olympics (or is it the day before the tourney starts? the 15th is in my head right now), why would Russia, Sweden, etc have named any NHL'ers to their provisional rosters. Name all players that can be swapped, then take whoever's playing best now.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
If KHL'ers and alike could be swapped for any reason and able to be replaced with NHL players for any reason up until the day before the Olympics (or is it the day before the tourney starts? the 15th is in my head right now), why would Russia, Sweden, etc have named any NHL'ers to their provisional rosters. Name all players that can be swapped, then take whoever's playing best now.
good point.

All this mess about rosters it's quite embarassing for IIHF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad