IIHF Mass Petition, re:website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicpea*

I am assuming that I am not the only one having immense amounts of problems with their site. It is not simply a matter of the "live" ticker, but even with stats hours after the games. Furthermore, the organisation of stats is atrocious. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if last year's wasn't so much better.

BCCHL inactive

It has been fine for me. All the live links work, and complete game stats are always available very shortly after the games' conclusion. The only thing I don't have for the summaries on the tournament thread here, is the attendance for the first game (CZE-UKR).

As for Divisions I, II and III...not much staff is sent to those tournaments, so to expect as extensive of stats as the Pool A tournament in Finland is a little much imo.

chicpea*

Van said:
It has been fine for me.
Van,
Are you serious?​
I know you are a sort of liason with the IIHF for our group, and I appreciate that (sincerely), but I notice that if there is more than a single simultaneous game, then pretty much nothing works. That is, if there is a working link to any of the three subgroups, which there often isn't, it is often one or two periods behind the time of play. Of course, to the casual, jonny-come-lately, fan of the "sport and spirit" of hockey, this will do nicely; we, however, who hang out here, are thirsty for the score because our local "telecasters" do not provide sufficient information.

In Canada, it is true, we get full coverage of the canadian games; but I, and imo, many others would like to see coverage of the other matches -not just to see "prospects," but to see good hockey. As this is impossible at the moment, the next best thing is the IIHF site; or at least it used to be. As an international organisation, I believe they have both the mandate as well as the responsibility to provide accurate and quick stats and game info.

I have talked to many people who have had problems similar to my own. If the site is working for you, then obviously my query seems out of touch to you. All I am saying is that it was far better last year and I think they should address the problem that many of the site users have -and let's face it: the site users are all rabid fans like ourselves who want up-to-date and working info.

After the essential and fundamental problems are fixed,then, and only then should the IIHF turn to such amenities as video replay, streaming broadcasts etc..
Go Canada!

Last edited by a moderator:

BCCHL inactive

Jeez...don't take offence to the IIHF website working for me.

The only problems I have had are for the Division II tournament due to networking problems in Poland.

------------------------------------

The quickness of when the updates are posted on the website compared to when they happen in real time depends on how much staff is at the tournament, how fast their connection is, and the process they use in posting live updates online.

I have heard of some leagues/associations having staff at each arena with connections through a laptop from which they update the site. Also, there are leagues/association who have people at the arenas forward the information to the league/association headquarters, where the information is then posted online from a central location.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
i just think it is a step down from last years version and why would you want to take a step back? The current goalie is not listed, so we do not know who is in the net. The shots are not being recorded or the current line on the ice. Maybe they are for others but not for me.

chicpea*

Van said:
Jeez...don't take offence to the IIHF website working for me.
Sorry if I sound offended. I was just frustrated with their site. In other news, the site seems better this morning ;) but this dis not help the Swedes unfortunately.

BCCHL inactive

SwisshockeyAcademy said:
i just think it is a step down from last years version and why would you want to take a step back? The current goalie is not listed, so we do not know who is in the net. The shots are not being recorded or the current line on the ice. Maybe they are for others but not for me.

The current goaltenders are listed, shots on goal are being recorded and the current line on the ice is listed for all goals.

You just have to know where to look for them.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
I think what most people are trying to say is that the website sucks this year compared to previous years. The stats and updates have been very good over the years, but the change this year is terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad