IIHF DIV IB stream and tournament..

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Maybe Poland-Kazakstan will be "the Final"? (Thursday 14.00 GMT, maybe a stream from that game?)

Hoping for Poland to return to A-level World Championships in 2012, although I have no idea about their players. One guy (Borzecki) playing in DEL and other (Rzeszutko) in British league. Other players seem to be from Polish league.

Somehow it would make sense if Kazakstan would've easily won the tournament with roster full of KHL players, but it doesn't seem to be that easy.

Tapparan Mies

Mar 29, 2011
I'm expecting wins against Estonia and Lithuania, Poland will be hard though. There is still a chance Team GB can get gold. great tournament so far.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Great Britain scored 7 goals in the first period against Estonia, rest of the game was scoreless. :laugh: That's bit weird, seems that they completely stopped playing.

Poland-Ukraine later tonight.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

What time is Poland/Ukraine on for North America?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
4-1 Ukraine final. They still have a chance to be promoted, but I am not sure of the tie breaking rules.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
It seems that there's still many teams who could get promotion:

Kazakstan: Three games, only team that's still unbeaten. Won GB only 2-1 though, and they have two strong opponents; Poland and Ukraine left.

Poland: 2 wins and a 4-1 loss to Ukraine. Also pretty tough schedule remaining with matches against Kazakstan and Great Britain.

Ukraine: Has same record with Poland, which they did beat, but lost surprisingly to Great Britain on their opening match. Should beat Estonia, but Kazakstan is a difficult opponent on their last game.

Great Britain: Huge victory on their opening match against Ukraine, then just a slight defeat to Kazakstan. Easy win against Estonia though stopped playing after the first period, and currently leading Lithuania 5-1 after two periods. Important final match against other team which must win to keep their hopes for promotion alive, Poland.

If Kazakstan wins both of their games, they'll sweep promotion, but if they lose either to Poland or Ukraine, the situation will get really tricky. We'll see on Saturday night who'll play against the "Big Boys" next year in Sweden/Finland.

The relegation match will be between Estonia and Lithuania as expected. This battle of the Baltic could go either way, so no clear favourite. Interesting that Estonia has Lithuanian head coach...

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Also little look to the Group A as there isn't own thread for it:

Only five teams participating as Japan withdraw due to what has happened earlier in there... Japan will remain in Div I next year and 5th placed team will be relegated.

Italy:
Italy is unbeaten after three matches, but only narrow victories against notably worse opponents: 2-0 against Spain, 3-2 against the Netherlands and only clear victory against Korea, 6-0.

Hungary:
Hosting nation has been much more promising than other favourite Italy, beating Korea and the Netherlands rather easily. Should be able to beat Spain before the final match of the tournament. Hungary roster features couple former AHLers, forward Janos Vas and goalie Levente Szuper. Their head coach is former NHL head coach Ted Sator.

The Netherlands:
After three games, Netherlands' record is 1-2, but they did beat only equal opponent Spain 8-2. Should also win against Korea and place third in the tournament.

Relegation match in this group should be between Spain and Korea Republic, which neither has yet won a game. Spain might be the slight favourite. This match is second to last game of the tournament, and it will be played on Saturday, 14:00 GMT.

Final of this tournament, which will actually be the last game also, will be played on Saturday, 17:30 GMT between Hungary and Italy. Winner of this match will receive promotion to the A-level IIHF World Championships in 2012.

IIHFjerseycollector

Feb 2, 2005
Sturgis SD
the korea- hungary match was actually pretty close.. it was 3-3 with only 5 minutes to go before hungary scored 3 quick goals. I was hoping korea couldve taken them to OT.. it would have been a massive upset.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Kazakstan did beat Poland 2-4, so it seems that Ukraine is our only hope. Poland is now out of considerations.

IF Ukraine wins against Kazakstan (and Estonia, which they should be capable to do), and GB beats Poland, they'll all have 4-1 record.

Goal differences of each of them in games between them:
Great Britain: 2 games, 6-4 (+2)
Kazakstan: 1 game, 2-1 (+1)
Ukraine: 1 game, 3-5 (-2)

This means that Great Britain would be promoted, if they'll win against Poland and Ukraine will beat Kazakstan by less than 4 goals. Am I right?

EDIT: Ukraine-Estonia 1-0 after first period.

UkraineTrain

Jul 9, 2010
Ukraine
Kazakstan did beat Poland 2-4, so it seems that Ukraine is our only hope. Poland is now out of considerations.

IF Ukraine wins against Kazakstan (and Estonia, which they should be capable to do), and GB beats Poland, they'll all have 4-1 record.

Goal differences of each of them in games between them:
Great Britain: 2 games, 6-5 (+1)
Kazakstan: 1 game, 2-1 (+1)
Ukraine: 1 game, 3-5 (-2)

This means that Great Britain would be promoted, if they'll win against Poland and Ukraine will beat Kazakstan by less than 4 goals. Am I right?

EDIT: Ukraine-Estonia 1-0 after first period.

If Ukraine beats Kazakstan 3-0 or less
Kazakstan: 2 game, 2-4 (-2)
Ukraine: 2 game, 6-5 (+1) GB promotes cause they've won against Ukraine

If Ukraine beats Kazakstan 4-1 or more
Kazakstan: 2 game, 3-5 (-2)
Ukraine: 2 game, 7-6 (+1) Ukraine promotes

If Ukraine beats Kazakstan in overtime or Kazakstan wins then Kazakstan promotes

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
The Netherlands:
After three games, Netherlands' record is 1-2, but they did beat only equal opponent Spain 8-2. Should also win against Korea and place third in the tournament.

Relegation match in this group should be between Spain and Korea Republic, which neither has yet won a game. Spain might be the slight favourite.

I was actually wrong; Netherlands lost 3-6 to Korea. Now it's looking really bad for Spain.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
is there gonna be any poland-great britain streams tomorrow? I wanna see how... bad we are:( I would love to have a legit polish player that could at least rip it up in the SEL, KHL or even AHL, might have to coach some polish kids myself:laugh:

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Does anyone know any free international stream for the Poland-Great Britain match? Really would like to see it.

Estonia will be relegated from Group B after losing 5-2 to Lithuania in their final game.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Ukraine leading 2-1 in the 3rd period (50 minutes played) :handclap: Looking good...:yo:

Also Italy-Hungary 3-1 after first... not looking so good.

EDIT: Noooo... Kazakstan scored, it's now 2-2 (after 52 min). Kazakstan and Italy promoting would be so boring.

EDIT II: It's over. :cry: Anyway, I'm really impressed of GB's performance, they were so close to promoting. :handclap:

Last edited:

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Kazakhstan and Italy are both going to the Elite division for 2012. Both were the two teams relegated from last year.

Each of them were close to not advancing. Kazakhstan needed overtime to beat Ukraine; a Ukrainian win in that game would have sent Great Britain to the Elite division for the first time since 1994. Italy also needed overtime to secure promotion, defeating host Hungary, who were in the top division in 2009 after a 70 year absense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad