WC: IIHF 2019 Bratislava

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Hi team,

With the current edition nearly finished I already started planning the coming edition.
My gf has to go often to Bratislava for work and she doesn't mind combining a businesstrip with hockey.

What would be an average price for a ticket ( weekend game)? Based on this years edition.
I hope to see Finland take on Sweden but any game would be fine.

Cheers

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Amoboko! As we discussed yesterday, I will definitely be there. It's 35 minutes from Vienna. I think the average ticket price might be a tad lower than this year in Denmark. I was at the Sweden vs Switzerland (group stage) game and tickets were 70 euros each. Anything between 50-100 euros for games with top teams next year is realistic.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Sweet man!
I might be travelling by myself.
So a cheap flight, stay and two games should do the trick.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
The groups.
Group A, Bratislava
  • 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
    Sweden (2)
  • 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
    Russia (3)
  • 23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png
    Czech Republic (6)
  • 16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
    Switzerland (7)
  • 21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
    Norway (9)
  • 23px-Flag_of_Latvia.svg.png
    Latvia (11)
  • 23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png
    Austria (17)
  • 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
    Italy (19)
Group B, Košice
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: McCoy

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Reactions: Faterson

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Guys, there is indeed lots of talk in our media that team Slovakia might get to play the group games in Kosice (as they played in Bratislava the last time the WCH was played here), resulting in some mix up in the groups. It hasn't been confirmed, but I think it's a pretty sure bet. So expect team Slovakia in that other group, no idea which team switches over though.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Canada and UK in the same division makes me happy#

I could be wrong but I think Canada will be in Bratislava

btw

the host country can request up to two teams switch divisions and some over here think they will swap Russia for Canada and Finland for the Czechs--as the arena in Bratislava is not that good and the one in Kosice is better and if you attend world championships you know the Fins come out in force as does Canada and I do not think they want to have any complaints from those federations

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
So expect team Slovakia in that other group, no idea which team switches over though.

Norway is the only option according to rules, I heard.

the arena in Bratislava is not that good and the one in Kosice is better

You got that mixed up. It's exactly the other way round.

It's likely for all of Canada, US, Finland, Britain, and Slovakia to end up in Košice, to compensate for Slovakia not having played there at the previous home World Championships in 2011.

Austria and Czechs likely to play in Bratislava due to the proximity to the two countries.

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
I heard it was decided before the 2018 tournament started that Slovakia would be in Kosice for the group stage. I was told this by maybe five journalists that the organizing committee wanted Czech Republic and Slovakia in separate groups, with Slovakia in Kosice. Having Austria in Bratislava certainly doesn't hurt either.

As for the team moving over to Group A, my guess would be Norway, as it swaps 9 and 10.

Guys, there is indeed lots of talk in our media that team Slovakia might get to play the group games in Kosice (as they played in Bratislava the last time the WCH was played here), resulting in some mix up in the groups. It hasn't been confirmed, but I think it's a pretty sure bet. So expect team Slovakia in that other group, no idea which team switches over though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad