Prospect Info: Igor Shvryov [125th overall]

Alexmandu

Jan 30, 2017
What I don't understand is why enter the draft if you don't intend on coming over? I'm not say this will happen here but it seems to be a concern with some russian players

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
What I don't understand is why enter the draft if you don't intend on coming over? I'm not say this will happen here but it seems to be a concern with some russian players

You don't enter drafts, teams just draft anyone they want. They player's decision is whether to sign with the team that drafted them or not.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Teams can draft anybody they want. All it means is that if they do want to play in the NHL, they must sign with the team that drafted them. Nothing stops a player from choosing not to participate after being drafted.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

This isn't like with the NBA and NFL where you have to declare. If you are eligible to be in, you are in the draft.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He'll come over and join the rest of the Russians. The Avs will rename themselves the Ovs, it'll be great.

Just trade Duchene for Hanifin; flip Hanifin + Barrie-Return + Jost for Provorov + Couts (rename Kuhtsov); draft Svechnikov; get Putin to have Kucherov's contracts terminated so that he can come play for us on the cheap and for Sorokin to demand a trade to the Avs.

Mikko - MacK - Kucherov
Greer - Shvryov - Svech
Landy - Couts - Compher
Nieto - Beaudin - Morrison

Provorov - Meloche
Zadorov - Makar
Mironov - Timmins

Varlamov
Sorokin

See Joe, building a cup winner(-ov) is easy.

Last edited:

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Hey guys sorry to bump this but I just noticed his contract is up at year’s end. Is he going to come over next year?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hey guys sorry to bump this but I just noticed his contract is up at year’s end. Is he going to come over next year?

There are rumors he is, but don't count on it. Metallurg could make a few promises and the chance could evaporate in a second.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah I remember reading somewhere not long ago that he does want to come over at some point and that he wanted to be able to attend the Avs prospect training camp, he even specifically mentioned being excited for such an opportunity.

I believe it was the Eurolanche interview with him.

Not sure if the Mironov stuff will have much of an impact. From that interview it sounded to me like he was a lot more prepared to work hard and earn his spot in the NHL and basically just wanting the chance to go out and try to earn it.

Avs making playoffs this year could go a long way as well. Knowing he'd be coming over to a very good up and coming team and have a chance to be a part of that.

EDIT: Found the interview Exclusive: Interview with Igor Shvyrev - Eurolanche.com

Certainly sounds like a kid just waiting for the opportunity to play in North America. Says he would definitely attend a prospect camp if extended the invitation. Even considered playing in the CHL next year a possibility if he comes to North America. And talks about how the NHL is the best league in the world and every player wants to play in it.

We'll have to see about this year but that interview gives me a lot of confidence that we'll see him in North America at some point in the next few years.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
While I believe everything he said, Metallurg still has some serious negotiating power with him as well. It will be a real push and pull between the two leagues for his services, and Russia still has the upper hand.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
While I believe everything he said, Metallurg still has some serious negotiating power with him as well. It will be a real push and pull between the two leagues for his services, and Russia still has the upper hand.

If they chose to make a big push, but with the minutes they’ve given him in the KHL we’ll see how much value they ultimately put on him. They’re an aging team who might be in denial about the youth movement they need to start preparing for the post-Mozaykin era

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->