Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft / Pick #118 - Igor Shestyorkin (G) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
His contract kind of lines up with Lundys contract. I hope he will be ready. Those will be big shoes to fill.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
His contract kind of lines up with Lundys contract. I hope he will be ready. Those will be big shoes to fill.

Hopefully it will be a smooth transition. He should have the necessary experience by then to step in and start contributing.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Hopefully it will be a smooth transition. He should have the necessary experience by then to step in and start contributing.

It would be tremendous luck and planing if he can just step in when the time comes. Are we that lucky? :D

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's back!

He played his first game of preseason, although this game was with the Russian National B Team, instead of SKA. The regular season starts in nearly 3 weeks.

He stopped 28 of 29 in a 5-1 win. They played a KHL team today.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If Shesterkin came here right now, he'd immediately be one of the top backups in the game. The NHL gap with the KHL is not as big as with the AHL or the SHL. There was a very significant overlap in the quality of talent between the NHL and the KHL. Obviously the NHL is significantly better, but it's not like with the AHL where the AHL All-Stars are not as good as the NHL scrubs.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway

Yeah true - I cross fingers that he is well scouted concerning his talent level.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stopped 34 of 36 in a 3-2 win against Canada's Olympic team. Russia was outshot by 14 shots, Igor kept them in the game. He'll face SKA in the final of this preseason tournament. Seems weird, but thats the way the tournament is set up. Would be nice for him to beat Koskinen.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Any out clauses in his contract? I'd love to see him platoon for a year or two with Lundqvist to get some experience with a bit of a safety net.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Any out clauses in his contract? I'd love to see him platoon for a year or two with Lundqvist to get some experience with a bit of a safety net.

No out clauses, but the last year of the contract can be bought out. This could be his last year in the KHL, if he wants.

Probably won't happen though. Rarely does that happen. So likely two more seasons with SKA. There will be two years left on Hank's contract at that point.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Russia Olympic wins the tournament, beating SKA. Shestyorkin beat Koskinen, Koskinen gave up another goal from beyond center ice. Russia Olympic won 4-3, went to a shootout. Can't find shot totals, but he gave up 3 goals. Stopped 4 of the 5 penalty shots. Had some big saves in OT, and was named goalkeeper of the tournament.

Marc Staal appearance at the end of this video.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Very excited by this prospect - high end talent and maybe even elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->