Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Maybe you should put a little thought into the current situation.
I just spelt it out for you and requires a little common sense.

They signed an AHL level goalie for NHL salary?
Wtf is Kinkade even here?

If one goalie goes down with an injury, are you prepared to see him on back to back nights?

Just more dollar store shopping
So who should the Rangers have signed that would have accepted being an AHL goaltender but is lot better than Keith Kinkaid? Not a lot of names

SteadyEddie

Feb 1, 2010
This might not be common knowledge but Shesterkin is literally the all time KHL leader in career SV% & GAA among goalies who played 85+ games.
His numbers are off the charts. It's not a fluke (think Brodeur playing behind good defense). Since coming to NA, his SV% in Hartford was .934 while the others had an .894. For the Rangers he had a .932 while Hank and Georgy had a .908 combined.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
His numbers are off the charts. It's not a fluke (think Brodeur playing behind good defense). Since coming to NA, his SV% in Hartford was .934 while the others had an .894. For the Rangers he had a .932 while Hank and Georgy had a .908 combined.
When hank had similar numbers as his backups the excuse was the D left him out to dry cuz they’re morons. When Shesterkin’s numbers beat Hanks on the same team the excuse is oh they started to play D right as Shesterkin hit the big show. Using the D as a convenient excuse.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
2016- 27-4-6
2017- 20-4-4
2018- 24-4-0
2019- 17-4-3
2019- 10-2

98-18-13 that's 76% and at least 1 point in 86% of his games. Lowest save% was .932 with the Rangers and first time over 1.9 GAA was in the NHL as well. Guy should be a lock for 30 wins even while splitting with AG.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
There have been seasons when I literally didn’t even know who our third goalie was.
In 2013-14 when Biron was demoted and retired and Talbot came up, they really had no reasonable third option on the farm. They later signed David Leneveu who was on an AHL deal previously. I was quite vocal that the Rangers should trade for a better option at the trade deadline (LeNeveu ended up backing up Lundqvist in the Finals) and made lots of jokes about the Rangers paying compensation to Burger King for signing him. Later when LeNeveu retired and moved back to the island and we lived in the same town, I was always looking over my shoulder.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
2016- 27-4-6
2017- 20-4-4
2018- 24-4-0
2019- 17-4-3
2019- 10-2

98-18-13 that's 76% and at least 1 point in 86% of his games. Lowest save% was .932 with the Rangers and first time over 1.9 GAA was in the NHL as well. Guy should be a lock for 30 wins even while splitting with AG.

Yeah you know I don't know about it being an absolute lock given the injuries, but if he's as good as advertised, 25-30 wins is not going to surprise anyone... this guy steals games on the regular, and Georgie getting 12-17 isn't out of the question. Young teams are usually lottery teams, and the Rangers are going to be a very young team. But to me they should be viewed as a fringe playoff team with no pressure on them.

Unless... Shesty is what we expect him to be, and stays healthy. Georgie's not bad either. I think Hank moving on helps Georgie just as much as it does for anyone else. So I think you'll see both guys bringing it, that would be good internal competition to have. I do expect the Rangers defense to be marginally better in the worst case scenario, and a few rungs above that depending on who takes a step.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Kinkaid is just fine as a #3 and expansion protection. Some people just want to complain. Somehow we were supposed to get someone better and cheaper? Yeah

Kinkaid is absolute trash and if he's here for expansion draft fodder?
Then that's fine by me but you haven't addressed any of the concerns I have as per usual.
So sorry to add some real time talk to the conversation.
I guess a little adversity is just too much for some of the high and mighty to handle lol

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
Kinkaid is absolute trash and if he's here for expansion draft fodder?
Then that's fine by me but you haven't addressed any of the concerns I have as per usual.
So sorry to add some real time talk to the conversation.
I guess a little adversity is just too much for some of the high and mighty to handle lol
So who should the Rangers have signed????? Again you need someone whose significantly better than Kinkaid AND would accept being an ahler most likely for 80%?+ of the season? Heres the list of current ufa goalies and guys that have signed this offseason gimmie one who fits both those criteria, instead of b****ing and complaining over f***ing #3 goalie.

Contract Signings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
So who should the Rangers have signed????? Again you need someone whose significantly better than Kinkaid AND would accept being an ahler most likely for 80%?+ of the season? Heres the list of current ufa goalies and guys that have signed this offseason gimmie one who fits both those criteria, instead of b****ing and complaining over f***ing #3 goalie.

more specifically who should they have signed who was willing to be a potential backup in the AHL...unless georgiev gets traded a legit proven nhl goalie isn't signing here to be the #3. and I'd love to know the list of teams that have 3 legit nhl goalies in their system that we are being compared to for this 'standard'

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
more specifically who should they have signed who was willing to be a potential backup in the AHL...unless georgiev gets traded a legit proven nhl goalie isn't signing here to be the #3. and I'd love to know the list of teams that have 3 legit nhl goalies in their system that we are being compared to for this 'standard'
Having 3 goalies on the main roster is almost always a circus and causes more problems then its worth. Luckily it wasn't too bad with us this year but teams almost never do it cuz it throws goalie off in terms of practice and being ready for games. I remember when the Islanders did it with Halak Greiss and Berube a few years back, it was a disaster. There is a reason why having 3 goalies in an exception and not a rule.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

How about going with the obvious and fixing the system and coaching staff?

You fix that then I have no concerns who the third goalie is.

Make sense?

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
How about going with the obvious and fixing the system and coaching staff?

You fix that then I have no concerns who the third goalie is.

Make sense?
Im not a fan of DQ in the slightest but we did get rid of that eye sore lindy ruff so lets see what happens under Martin. Even so what does that have to do with complaining about Igor or our third goalie?

Reactions: Thirty One

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Im not a fan of DQ in the slightest but we did get rid of that eye sore lindy ruff so lets see what happens under Martin. Even so what does that have to do with complaining about Igor or our third goalie?

Ruff didn't run the show.
Quinn did.
Martin isn't an upgrade.
Goalies are getting torched in this system..

Last edited:

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
Ruff didn't run the show.
Quinn did.
Martin isn't an upgrade.
Goalies are getting torched in this system..
Ruff had a bigger impact then your stating. Also not thinking martin is an upgrade is laughable. The personnel on those Penguins were injury riddled and not that great during their 2 cup runs and he had them playing quality defense. Ruffs teams always blead chances, same thing happened in Dallas.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Ruff had a bigger impact then your stating. Also not thinking martin is an upgrade is laughable. The personnel on those Penguins were injury riddled and not that great during their 2 cup runs and he had them playing quality defense. Ruffs teams always blead chances, same thing happened in Dallas.

This whole post is laughable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->