Igor Grigorenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I'm a Pens fan, but am loyal to the Redwings as well and am interested in Grigorenko... if its possible, could somebody give me the lowdown on him. I don't really know much about him except he's got great potential... if somebody could give somewhat of a scouting report, that'd be great.

1datsyuk3*

I think he would be in Detroit right now if he wasn't in that car wreck....he's going to be good me thinks

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Yea I had no idea about that car accident which goes to show that I really didn't have much info on him, but the recent talk I've heard caught my attention and I like what I'm seeing... hopefully he pans out cause he sounds like a possible star in the making.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Grigorenko sounds like he is returning to his normal self. Does anyone remember how long in took Robyn Regehr after his bad accident to return to norimal but he did and lets hope the same for Grigorenko

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
In terms of prospects you've seen in the NHL, he is slightly better than Chistov and blows Semin and Svitov right out of the water.

BHLCommish

Apr 9, 2004
Blows Semin out of the water? But Semin was better than Chistov in the NHL. If he blows Semin out of the water he's going to be damn good.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
It all depends how you look at it, is Grigorenko a risk? yes he is, but the great news is the kid has a big heart and he battled his way back from the freak accident.

If he's able to come back from a life/death matter and play this well so far (Still improving) then I truely believe in his ability to be great in Detroit.

Mr.Brownov*

I was told by some russian sources that Igor takes a pain killer injection before every game. Can anyone shed light on this please? If this is true, I can't ever see him play in the NHL.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Jim Beam said:
I was told by some russian sources that Igor takes a pain killer injection before every game. Can anyone shed light on this please? If this is true, I can't ever see him play in the NHL.

I dont know if this is true or not... but he has been having some pain problems recently, whether its accident related or not: there are conflicting stories on that depending on who you ask. Team doctors insist its not, and it dosen't seem to be preventing him from playing.

Newsflash: Semin sucks, badly.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Seems forever that he has been a prospect. I thought he was a bust/lost cause, i just hadn't heard anything about him for awhile.
How would you rank Chistov, Semin, Svitov and Grigorenko?

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Based on what I've seen in the NHL? I'd rank Semin ahead of the other 3, but Grigorenko's potential is very tempting, I really have a feeling he'll do well in Detroit.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Seems like everybody's really pullin' for him... I share the point-of-view. Lets try to keep the talk about him to a low. I don't wanna end up getting sick of it. As a Pens fan, I love Crosby to death, but all the talk about him and Ovechkin has disgusted me and the subject is so exhausted. Hopefully Grigorenko slithers his way into Detroit next year and does wonders.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
J17ster said:
Seems forever that he has been a prospect. I thought he was a bust/lost cause, i just hadn't heard anything about him for awhile.
How would you rank Chistov, Semin, Svitov and Grigorenko?

On their current play these prospects would be ranked as follows:

1.Grigorenko
2. Chistov
3. Semin
4. Svitov

with the largest gap being between 2nd and 3rd player.

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
To see some clips of Grigorenko before the car accident, go here.

It's hard to compare him to anybody because in a way, he reminds me a little of Dino Cicarrelli and a little of Alexander Mogilny (when he was a Sabre, of course).

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
He had a great start this season with 22 points in the first 29 games and only put up 8 points in the next 17. I've heard also the pain rumors around midseason and I don't think he's 100%. Hopefully his conditions will get better with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->