Speculation: Iginla?

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Iggy will take a PTO from a team like the Islanders, Ottawa, or Carolina and turn it into a good contract. Great leadership for a young club.

Iggy has said he is not done with hockey and if the surgery cured some of the speed issues he may surprise a few people.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Iggy wouldn't touch Ottawa with a 10-foot pole.

With their non-existent winger depth, I could see him taking a PTO from Edmonton, though

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Iggy wouldn't touch Ottawa with a 10-foot pole.

With their non-existent winger depth, I could see him taking a PTO from Edmonton, though
giphy.gif

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Are teams lining up for him?

To my knowledge there has been little to no chatter about Iggy since he spent time working out with the Bruins AHL affiliate.

Likely would mean there would only be a couple teams that would give him an opportunity at 41. That said if Iggy could put together a good training camp he might be able to be traded to a cup contender at the deadline. There are serveral teams that would welcome his leadership in the locker room. Iggy has a very good reputation in that way.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
No need for another Jagr signing. This game has changed and old troops are done.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Maybe for the Flames

He wasn't really a success after he left them
I find it hard to believe his reputation has suffered as a locker-room guy in any way. As a player, sure. Most guys caught up in that Avalanche mess took a beating in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->