OT: Iginla Traded To Pittsburgh

CorbeauNoir

Apr 13, 2010
all the so called Wings fans who are hoping the Pens lose in the first round sound like high school losers who when they ask the prom queen to go to the big dance but are denied and rejected in front of everyone, start spreading rumours about her.

[mod]

if not Detroit then we should ALL be hoping Pittsburgh wins the cup.

I would rather die than see the doubly-intensified media circlejerk of another Penguins Cup win. Or maybe follow the NBA for a year, either or.

crashman

I don't especially hate Pittsburgh, but what they have now is a Miami Heat type situation after these Morrow/Iginla trades. They're expected to win, so the pressure is going to be huge and lots of people will be rooting for their demise.

DTownWingsfan

Mar 21, 2006
Downingtown, PA
My question is how in the hell does Pittsburgh have the cap room for the three guys they've traded for? And even with them making the trades they did, doesn't make them any more likely to win it all. Boston and Montreal are pretty good, too.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
My question is how in the hell does Pittsburgh have the cap room for the three guys they've traded for? And even with them making the trades they did, doesn't make them any more likely to win it all. Boston and Montreal are pretty good, too.

Pro-rated salaries. Iginla/Morrow/Murray have X caphit based on number of days in season. But only Y% of that cap hit counts against Piitsburgh because there are only Z number of days left in season.

DTownWingsfan

Mar 21, 2006
Downingtown, PA
Pro-rated salaries. Iginla/Morrow/Murray have X caphit based on number of days in season. But only Y% of that cap hit counts against Piitsburgh because there are only Z number of days left in season.

Damn. Here I wanted to see them be in cap trouble once their injured guys came back off IR. Oh well.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Damn. Here I wanted to see them be in cap trouble once their injured guys came back off IR. Oh well.

If it makes you feel better they can't keep them all next year...

But yeah, Pens are trying to be the new Wings. Crosby/Malkin is as good as you can get to Yzerman/Fedorov. Load them with talent to work with and you got yourself a stew.

Be interesting to see how they do as heavy favorites.

CloneHakanPlease*

Don't worrry guys. Holland is sure to bring a bottom tier defenseman with a peg leg in exchange for all number one picks trough 2019

How can anyone seriously relate this to Holland. If Holland WAS doing what Shero did half of us would want his head.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
How can anyone seriously relate this to Holland. If Holland WAS doing what Shero did half of us would want his head.

I would liked to have seen Holland be this aggressive last season. They could of went for it one more time. But, whatever, what's done is done...

CloneHakanPlease*

I would liked to have seen Holland be this aggressive last season. They could of went for it one more time. But, whatever, what's done is done...

This team is farther away than an Iginla and Morrow from having a good enough chance to win the cup to make it worth it.

No rentals

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010

But yeah, Pens are trying to be the new Wings. Crosby/Malkin is as good as you can get to Yzerman/Fedorov. Load them with talent to work with and you got yourself a stew.

The Sharks have most closely tried to emulate the Wings' personnel strategies, and they've not seen much success in doing so.

On a related note---albeit one unrelated to this thread's subject---it is funny to see their supposed #1 d-man playing forward because their offense sucks so badly.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

True. If he'd traded Nyquist for Morrow, people'd be screaming about firing him.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013

We also arent the Penguins. They are much closet to a Cup than we are and also young as well. They dont need those prospects as badly. Of course they probably will once they cant resign some guys because of Cap space.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
The Pens are going to regret this. I can see a massive destruction of chemistry as players get shifted around to fit the new guys. Dupuis probably isn't playing with Crosby anymore... Will be interesting to see how this works. There's been so many "dream teams" that have crashed and burned lately.

RedWingsNow*

True. If he'd traded Nyquist for Morrow, people'd be screaming about firing him.

The Penguins are contenders.

Detroit isn't.

The Penguins best players are under 30.

Detroit's best players are over 30.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
The Penguins are contenders.

Detroit isn't.

The Penguins best players are under 30.

Detroit's best players are over 30.

When we won the cup in 01/02, 14 of 19 players were 30 or over.

When we won the cup in 07/08, 15 of 21 players were 30 or over (17/21 were 29 or over).

Thats two Stanley Cup winning teams with > 70 % of the roster aged 30 or over.

Edit: I didnt count players with single didget games played on either team but (roughly) 2/3 of these players were 30 + as well.

Last edited:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This team is farther away than an Iginla and Morrow from having a good enough chance to win the cup to make it worth it.

No rentals
Nobody predicted the Kings would win it all last season, but they came from nowhere and did it.
The Sharks have most closely tried to emulate the Wings' personnel strategies, and they've not seen much success in doing so.

On a related note---albeit one unrelated to this thread's subject---it is funny to see their supposed #1 d-man playing forward because their offense sucks so badly.
It's strange the Sharks struggle to score. I think.

CloneHakanPlease*

Lets be real here, at this time Malkin and Sid are better compared to the rest of the league than Yzerman and Fedorov ever were.
They were never top 2 players at the same time

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
all the so called Wings fans who are hoping the Pens lose in the first round sound like high school losers who when they ask the prom queen to go to the big dance but are denied and rejected in front of everyone, start spreading rumours about her.

[mod]

if not Detroit then we should ALL be hoping Pittsburgh wins the cup.

why? because maybe it gets more GM's to stop from just sitting on their thumbs and actively go out and try and win championships for their fans(like they're paid to do), year in and year out. Pitssburgh gave up absolutely nothing in the Iggy deal, nothing of any significant value given the return is jarome iginla.

its like rooting against big budget, star studded, great plot and great acting movies from winning a grammy, so what, we can all watch documentaries on Scareb beatles?

people give your heads a shake please

go shero go

this.
in addition its great to watch entertaining players.
what else then datsyuk and a sometimes howard is realy worth to watch on this roster? they are really boring this year. i fell asleep at more wings games then i did not. i am really tired of this "we rely on our farm team players to turn into superstars" thing.
get some entertaining player into this team.

so i will cheer for the pens due to entertainment reasons when the wings are not on tv.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
this.
in addition its great to watch entertaining players.
what else then datsyuk and a sometimes howard is realy worth to watch on this roster? they are really boring this year. i fell asleep at more wings games then i did not. i am really tired of this "we rely on our farm team players to turn into superstars" thing.
get some entertaining player into this team.

so i will cheer for the pens due to entertainment reasons when the wings are not on tv.

It is because Crosby is so easy to dislike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->