Proposal: Iginla to the Leafs

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
We've definitely seen 2nds thrown around at the deadline for less. A team looking for a cup doesn't care much about a pick in the 50's or 80's.

For a 2nd, I'd expect the Avs to take an expiring contract back.

Didn't Polak go for 2 2nds last season???

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Iginla is a veteran winger on a cheap (after retention) expiring deal.

The bolded being the main point I think you glossed over. He isn't going into any teams top-6 (and likely not top-9) and as a 4th line winger he certainly isn't cheap even with retention.

Also, bottom-4 defensemen are far and away more costly at the deadline than bottom-6 wingers.

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
Your bash on Toronto not withstanding, why do you think the Leafs would be interested....at all? JVR/Marner/Hyman/Nylander/Brown/Komarov/Soshnikov/Martin....Iggy isn't bumping any of these guys. And what does he actually offer this season to a contender?

By your reply , I can see you are totally confused on why Iggy is going to be traded. And it's not to help a team to become contenders !! :shakehead Same reason Ray Bourque went to Colorado, to win a cup. It's Iggy's swan song and he's going to a team that has a good shot at winning the Stanley Cup. He's trying to win a cup in his last year. In Toronto that's not happening.
You call it bash and I call it facts ...Toronto is NOT a play-off team at the moment !! Funny how pointing a fact is called bashing ... expected though.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
By your reply , I can see you are totally confused on why Iggy is going to be traded. And it's not to help a team to become contenders !! :shakehead Same reason Ray Bourque went to Colorado, to win a cup. It's Iggy's swan song and he's going to a team that has a good shot at winning the Stanley Cup. He's trying to win a cup in his last year. In Toronto that's not happening.
You call it bash and I call it facts ...Toronto is NOT a play-off team at the moment !! Funny how pointing a fact is called bashing ... expected though.

I am not arguing that, but this is an Iginla to Toronto thread...no? So i asked why the Hell they'd want him? Now, leaving Toronto aside, Iwill ask again...with the way Iginla is playing right now, what does he have to offer to a Stanley Cup contender? Not the Leafs, as they wouldn't be interested either way, but to an actual contender. Why are teams looking to give up assets for his current play? Good for him and his swan song, but he isn't very good right now.

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
I am not arguing that, but this is an Iginla to Toronto thread...no? So i asked why the Hell they'd want him? Now, leaving Toronto aside, Iwill ask again...with the way Iginla is playing right now, what does he have to offer to a Stanley Cup contender? Not the Leafs, as they wouldn't be interested either way, but to an actual contender. Why are teams looking to give up assets for his current play? Good for him and his swan song, but he isn't very good right now.

You replyed to .. "LMAO....Iginla will be going to a Stanley Cup Contender !!!" Then you go on to ask .. "why do you think the Leafs would be interested....at all?" Not sure why you are so easy to confuse but not surprised. This thread is yes Iggy to Toronto. LMAO = LaughMyAssOff ....meaning I am laughing at the thought of a proposal of Iggy going to da leafs. No arguments on Iggy's play though.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You replyed to .. "LMAO....Iginla will be going to a Stanley Cup Contender !!!" Then you go on to ask .. "why do you think the Leafs would be interested....at all?" Not sure why you are so easy to confuse but not surprised. This thread is yes Iggy to Toronto. LMAO = LaughMyAssOff ....meaning I am laughing at the thought of a proposal of Iggy going to da leafs. No arguments on Iggy's play though.

I asked why the Leafs would want him before your LMFAO rant....after your rant i asked what he offered to a contender, no confusion.You were just to busy letting everyone know that your crystal ball says the Leafs have no chance to make the playoffs to notice....thanks for the tip by the way.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
No thanks.

I was a big Iginla fan for a long time but he passed his best before date and i don't want to watch what's left of him every night. It would just cloud better memories.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Iginla will choose where he goes, but I'm sure of the list of teams he provides Sakic, there will be a GM who still thinks the "old" Iginla can be found and pay a 3rd round pick for him based on his name alone.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
As an avs fan, I do this deal 7 days of the week and twice on Sunday, so obviously Toronto wouldn't do it, they are giving to much, half retained iggy I would be happy with a 3rd. Assuming he would accept a trade to Toronto let's do the 3rd for iggy @50% and be done with it.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Avs are moving Iggy to the team with the best chance to win the Cup who will give up a mid to low round pick for him. Unless no other team wants him I doubt Tor is the team he goes to. What the Avs get back is irrelevant as thats not the point of the trade.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Simplify. Here's the deal:

Iginla at 50% retained (which means the team only has to fit about $700k under the cap by the time the deadline rolls around) for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

3rd maybe. a past his prime and clocked out iginla with a 0.25ppg this year doesnt return a 2nd in any scenario

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Close to no reason for iginla to go to the leafs or for the leafs to try and get him.

If we can get a 4th for iggy, I'll be content. Even better if it was conditional 3rd of the team goes to the finals.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
The Flames got nothing for Iginla three years ago when he was still a 30 goal guy.

If the Avalanche want to trade him they had better be willing to move him for next to nothing with retained salary.

What the Flames got for him three years ago is completely irrelevant. Extremely flawed logic.

Iggy is a shell of his former self, but he's still a big righthanded shot with experience. Some GM is gonna be stupid enough to toss a 2nd for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad