Speculation: Iginla return July 4th??

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
They announced on tsn that there is no way that pitsburgh can afford to resign iginla this offseason and that this deal for Pittsburgh was a pure rental.

This leads me to speculate that the return we got was so bad because iginla plans on coming back to Calgary this offseason. If he wins his cup in Pittsburgh he will hit the open market and honestly I can't see him signing anywhere but Calgary.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I have a feeling Feaster allowed Iggy to choose his team and took a lesser deal as a sign of goodwill in hopes Iggy will resign. Pits can't afford him and he'll hopefully have a cup be and content finishing off his carreer aiding the rebuild in Calgary. If I was you guys, I'd want Pits to win the cup pretty bad.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
yea i guarantee you if he wins a cup with Pittsburgh hes going to return back home in calgary

Dunno about that. There's something special about winning a cup.
There's a chance he wins it, takes the cut the CBA allows and is back in Pitts lol

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I can't believe how mad so many Flames fans are. I was kinda giddy when I found out he's now a Penguin. I've said all along that he needs to play with Crosby. He hasn't had a quality centre in his career, and now he's with the best. He wins his Cup (man do they look awesome!), and we should all be proud to see him do that. At least I have something to cheer for this spring.
I would have loved one of the blue chip Dmen & the first, but let's see how these 2 kids pan out over the next couple years. It's the 2 first rounders (so far) that are going to be very important.
In the end if he does sign back with us for next year - we get all this for NOTHING!

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
If he actually returns, this could be a great deal for us. A first and two mid level prospects and a better shot at 1st overall. Then he comes back next season

NHL Fanatik*

Devils fan here... (Not that it matters lol)

But some people... most people were ripping on Feaster for the deal, but wouldn't everyone know that he has the inside of everything about his team? Maybe Iginla plans on returning after a cup win, if he wins... He did say in the press conference that it would be very easy to return.

People rip on GMs a lot, but they're very smart, hence they are a GM. I'm sure this is what Feaster is hoping for. Not to mention the conditional 1st from BOS didn't work with his plan of Iginla's return...

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Devils fan here... (Not that it matters lol)

But some people... most people were ripping on Feaster for the deal, but wouldn't everyone know that he has the inside of everything about his team? Maybe Iginla plans on returning after a cup win, if he wins... He did say in the press conference that it would be very easy to return.

People rip on GMs a lot, but they're very smart, hence they are a GM. I'm sure this is what Feaster is hoping for. Not to mention the conditional 1st from BOS didn't work with his plan of Iginla's return...

Considering the issues that Pittsburgh will have with the cap this off-season it does seem unlikely for them to be able to keep him. I think a lot of it will do with if they can win a Stanley cup. We all know Iggy wants a cup and if he doesn't get one this year he might want another shot with an elite team.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
If Iginla wins a cup, he'll be back. I think his selection in teams is an indication that he wants to retire as a Flame.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well I can guarantee you it won't be on the 4th...free agency doesn't open until the 5th ;)

Count me as a Pens fan who wants to see Jarome raise the Cup in a few months and return to where he belongs. Obviously I'd love for him to re-sign, but one thing is all buy guaranteed in my opinion - Jarome Iginla will end his career a Calgary Flame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad