Value of: Iginla (50%) to habs

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
I'd take a pick, and would retain 50%, I think Montreal would also need to send some salary back even at 50% iggy? Only expiring contracts please. Start off with iggy @ 50% for a 3rd?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think if Iginla gets dealt and it isn't to Montreal, the OP will be devastated. Seems like every Iggy to Habs proposals are started by Ottawa.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I think if Iginla gets dealt and it isn't to Montreal, the OP will be devastated. Seems like every Iggy to Habs proposals are started by Ottawa.

If Iggy is dealt i hope it's not to the Habs.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Where would he play once Gallagher, Desharnias and Galchenyuk come back? Doesn't seem to be a good fit at all.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Iginla wants a realistic chance at the Cup right? Why would he go to MTL then? Sakic will most likely let Iggy decide where he wants to go.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Iginla wants a realistic chance at the Cup right? Why would he go to MTL then? Sakic will most likely let Iggy decide where he wants to go.

Because they are a realistic cup contender team?
But yeah i get it .. teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, San Jose are most likely to win it.
It will depend if they want/need him.

IF he's traded, i bet it will be for a 7th pick.
He will play on a 4th line (10 minutes a game)

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Why would anyone want Iginla at this point? Just being honest here, love the guy but stick a fork in him.

"Leadership". :sarcasm:

Seriously, he could help any team on a 4th line and the 2nd PP unit if he decides to give a **** again.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

Unless you haven't been watching hockey this season the Habs have a realistic chance at the Cup but than again those glasses.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Desharnais is also realistically done with the habs, no room to re-sign him. The team is better with him out of the lineup and we now have danault who meshes well with Pacioretty

I realize all that, so considering contracts I wouldn't trade DD for Iggy.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Been down this road in threads recently. They might be decent trading partners, but I don't believe Iggy is a good fit. He'll struggle greatly to keep up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad