Confirmed with Link: Iggy Gets the A

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Man that o'reilly dressing room photo is so annoying. I'm sure he isn't the only one who put his head down after a heartbreaking game 7 overtime loss following a fairytale season. Our team looked like that after regular season losses in junior b. People are upset after big losses. Someone managed to snap a pic of o'reilly and it's been beaten to death since.

Part of that is that O'Reilly is still in full gear while numerous other players had already put their stuff up (as evidence by the pads hanging up in their respective stalls)

18Mike18

Aug 3, 2007
BC
Id rather see Duchene have it. but its probably the right choice, have Duchene focus on playing him game i guess too. Tanguay would had been a great option too. I'm not a fan of players coming in and getting a letter

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Part of that is that O'Reilly is still in full gear while numerous other players had already put their stuff up (as evidence by the pads hanging up in their respective stalls)

I get that he took the loss hard, but i'm saying what he did isn't that surprising. I've played 4 years of junior B which is not very good hockey and things like this happen all the time. When you're paid millions of dollars a year to play the game you love which is all based around one prize I assume things get intense. They were one shot on goal away from moving on and being 12 wins away from the Stanley Cup. Instead the shot came from the other team and the Avs season was over. It's absolutely heart breaking. I probably sat in the same position on my couch for an hour with my jersey still on.

I have no doubt that O'Reilly could be a great leader. I have no doubt that he has passion for the game. I'm just saying that this picture that people use every time sombody doubts O'Reilly means nothing to me. Any hockey player understand the heartbreak of a loss and has seen that picture time after time in their own locker rooms and for a long time after a game.

edit: I also just saw a picture Dater took of the same scenerio and there is somebody being interviewed on the other side of ROR who has gear on too.

P.S. does anybody remember the hippie stoner guy who just looked like somebody shot his dog on tv once Minny scored that ot goal. I want to find a screenshot and add it to the GDT for tonight :laugh:

Last edited:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I get that he took the loss hard, but i'm saying what he did isn't that surprising. I've played 4 years of junior B which is not very good hockey and things like this happen all the time. When you're paid millions of dollars a year to play the game you love which is all based around one prize I assume things get intense. They were one shot on goal away from moving on and being 12 wins away from the Stanley Cup. Instead the shot came from the other team and the Avs season was over. It's absolutely heart breaking. I probably sat in the same position on my couch for an hour with my jersey still on.

I have no doubt that O'Reilly could be a great leader. I have no doubt that he has passion for the game. I'm just saying that this picture that people use every time sombody doubts O'Reilly means nothing to me. Any hockey player understand the heartbreak of a loss and has seen that picture time after time in their own locker rooms and for a long time after a game.

edit: I also just saw a picture Dater took of the same scenerio and there is somebody being interviewed on the other side of ROR who has gear on too.

P.S. does anybody remember the hippie stoner guy who just looked like somebody shot his dog on tv once Minny scored that ot goal. I want to find a screenshot and add it to the GDT for tonight :laugh:

What are you complaining about? This is the type of stuff that should be held in very high regard. This is the type of attitude that makes sports great. Without this type of passion and love for the game, which unfortunately MOST professional players just don't have, sports would not be anywhere near as special. These emotional moments that get captured are priceless. It's no different than seeing a picture of someone raising the cup. "The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat".

Dude, you are one of my favorite posters, but complaining about something like this? I really don't get it at all. seems like you are more pissed that it's RoR than what the picture represents.

The other dude in gear is giving an interview, how are those 2 even related? One guy is giving an interview and going business as usual. The other is wallowing in their misery.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What are you complaining about? This is the type of stuff that should be held in very high regard. This is the type of attitude that makes sports great. Without this type of passion and love for the game, which unfortunately MOST professional players just don't have, sports would not be anywhere near as special. These emotional moments that get captured are priceless. It's no different than seeing a picture of someone raising the cup. "The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat".

Dude, you are one of my favorite posters, but complaining about something like this? I really don't get it at all. seems like you are more pissed that it's RoR than what the picture represents.

The other dude in gear is giving an interview, how are those 2 even related? One guy is giving an interview and going business as usual. The other is wallowing in their misery.

I didn't complain about ROR keeping his gear on. I complain about posters who make that photo out to be the bible of photos. It's a common occurance in a hockey dressing room after a loss. I could only assume it's even more common at a level as high as that.

For the record Ryan O'Reilly is one of my favorite hockey players. I have absolutely no problem with the picture itself lol. It's great to see how much it meant. I'm just trying to say he definitely isn't the only one who felt that way and that type of behaviour is expected by me as a fan.

P.S. thanks for calling me one of your favorite posters. Means a lot (enter fistbump emoji hf boards needs) :thumbu:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
P.S. thanks for calling me one of your favorite posters. Means a lot (enter fistbump emoji hf boards needs) :thumbu:

20120628-160238.jpg

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I didn't complain about ROR keeping his gear on. I complain about posters who make that photo out to be the bible of photos. It's a common occurance in a hockey dressing room after a loss. I could only assume it's even more common at a level as high as that.

For the record Ryan O'Reilly is one of my favorite hockey players. I have absolutely no problem with the picture itself lol. It's great to see how much it meant. I'm just trying to say he definitely isn't the only one who felt that way and that type of behaviour is expected by me as a fan.

I side with you on this.

fist bumped my monitor for you

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Sorry for the ignorant conclusion I came too.

Not really sure people make it out to be the bible of photos. RoR seems to get a bad wrap as a greedy money driven player by some. I thinks it's more used to say that RoR is part of the group that feels that way instead of the reputation some try to give him as just wanting money and not caring about the Avs/winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad