Lurker

May 30, 2002
Visit site
Dallas Flames Fan said:
The following picks are on the clock

624) Florida Panthers : Man
625) Anaheim Mighty Ducks: thecanucker
626) Colorado Avalanche : Belgian Fan
The time has run out for these GMs so I'll go ahead and make my next pick.

NYR selects dman Radek Martinek.

Lurker

May 30, 2002
Visit site
The following picks are on the clock:

628) Atlanta Thrashers: nammerus
629) Boston Bruins : ShadowL
630) Columbus Blue Jackets : jacketracket

If you have picks before these you need to make up if you have not picked already.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
How many rounds?

Before we finished the draft I'd like to chime in on the number of rounds we are going to have. I am not sure but I think M=G said at one point that after 25 rounds we will have a sort of free-for-all first-come-first-serve signing spree. I would like to register my objection to that.

Since our full roster is 35 players, it amounts to 10 rounds worth. I do not think it's quite right to have people missing 5-10 rounds just because they sleep, work, whatever at the time the 25th round is finished. There is just no need to do it this way! I say we just slowly go along picking players, we can even move the time limit to 6, or 12 hours. After all by the end of 25th round we'll have the active roster picked, so we can ice the full team. The other 10 rounds of drafting can go on after the season has started, no need to rush there.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Dallas Flames Fan said:
he was already picked.

my bad ... he was not on the list of the taken players , thanks ...

Sabres select : RW Jonas Johansson ( Avs prospect )

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
shveik said:
Before we finished the draft I'd like to chime in on the number of rounds we are going to have. I am not sure but I think M=G said at one point that after 25 rounds we will have a sort of free-for-all first-come-first-serve signing spree. I would like to register my objection to that.

Since our full roster is 35 players, it amounts to 10 rounds worth. I do not think it's quite right to have people missing 5-10 rounds just because they sleep, work, whatever at the time the 25th round is finished. There is just no need to do it this way! I say we just slowly go along picking players, we can even move the time limit to 6, or 12 hours. After all by the end of 25th round we'll have the active roster picked, so we can ice the full team. The other 10 rounds of drafting can go on after the season has started, no need to rush there.

I agree but I think the time limit should remains the same...it's frustrating to wait. at least for me any way.... :)

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Jozeph_Balej said:
my bad ... he was not on the list of the taken players , thanks ...

Sabres select : RW Jonas Johansson ( Avs prospect )

Again Belgian fan already picked him somewhere around the 17th-18th round.

jacketracket*

With pick #630, Columbus selects F Mike Fisher.

When does my pick #631 go on the clock?

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
jacketracket said:
With pick #630, Columbus selects F Mike Fisher.

When does my pick #631 go on the clock?

Mike Fisher was taken #185 overall.

With the #629 pick the Bruins select Brian Boyle.

jacketracket*

ShadowL said:
Mike Fisher was taken #185 overall.

With the #629 pick the Bruins select Brian Boyle.
Right you are---thanks for the heads up. I didn't see him in the 'Drafted Players' thread, so I skimmed the picks round by round. Don't know how I missed him.

Oh well,....with pick #630, Columbus will gamble on being able to reach a deal with UFA F Adam Oates.

Yayo

Florida Panthers select Johnny Boychuk to make up for the skipped pick.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
lets start round22...the following picks are on the clock

631) Columbus Blue Jackets : jacketracket
632) Boston Bruins : ShadowL
633) Atlanta Tharshers : nammerus

jacketracket*

KingTY said:
i think boychuk and quint are taken...
I had originally taken Quint in the 20th, but changed the pick to Igor Larionov before the next GM had made his pick. As far as I can tell, nobody took DQ after that, so I'm assuming he's still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->