IFHL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
Malakian#13 said:
I know nobody cares but how about this prospect depth ?

1. Andrei Kostitsyn
2. Andrew Ladd
3. Dustin Brown
4. Marek Schwarz
5. Sergei Anshakov
6. Konstantin Pushkaryov
7. Jason Bacashihua
8. Tim Gleason
9. Noah Welch
10. Ron Hainsey
11. Brady Murray
12. Colby Armstrong
13. Kevin Klein
14. Matthew Keith
15. Oliver Setzinger
16. Greg Hogeboom
17. Josh Gorges
18. David Steckel

Tomas Plekanec
Brad Boyes
Petr Kanko
Jared Aulin
Boyd Gordon
Kiel McLeod
Mikhail Yakubov
Igor Grigorenko
Jeff Woywitka
Kirill Koltsov
Cam Barker
Ryan Whitney
MaximeOuellet
Miroslav Zalesak
Tim Jackman
Erik Christensen
Alexander Steen
Cam Ward
Mark Stuart
Petteri Nokelainen
Roman Voloshenko
Robert Nilsson
Joshua Hennessy
Ryan Garlock
Evgeny Tunik
Maxime Daigneault
Cory Urquhart
Jussi Jokinen
Justin Pogge
Jarkko Immonen
Brooks Laich
John Mitchell
Konstantin Volkov
Bary Tallackson

Don't feel like ranking them, but I kinda like my depth as well :)

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
DutchLeafsfan said:
Trade announcement:

I remember the idea to limit the maximum amount of players lost to 2, with one max at each position. Is that going to be incorporated?

Well, this draft is different, in a sense that you protect 25 players, the remaining players go into the pool of available players with the other FAs. That means you don't own any of the players that you don't protect anymore. If you want them, you have to re-draft them.

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
Dallas Flames Fan said:
Well, this draft is different, in a sense that you protect 25 players, the remaining players go into the pool of available players with the other FAs. That means you don't own any of the players that you don't protect anymore. If you want them, you have to re-draft them.

With all due respect, but if that's the case that completely defeats the purpose of trying to build a young team...

While losing a player or 2 would be understandable in some sense, effectively losing 5+ players off my farm and the same number from my roster means I will be losing some excellent prospects which I got since I decided to go young...

It would mean losing good prospects like Petr Kanko, Jussi Jokinen and Cory Urquhart (2 of which I just traded for) because while they would fit on my roster, I am just unable to protect them according to these rules and will hence apparently lose them. This kind of solution to me really favors those in win now mode who can replenish the farm this way, as the regular 3rd/4th round players on those teams are way easier to replace. GMs on the other hand who have been working with a young team get unfairly penalized IMO... I find it to be rather peculiar as well how prospects can be available in a waiver draft, something which to me doesn't make that much sense anyways, especially in this setup...

Just some more clarification: I feel that prospects are rather different from normal roster players and hence should have a somewhat different status. They apparently don't, so I am pretty sure I'll lose players. Shoudl this be a limited amount I think I could live with it, but the possibility to lose an unlimited amount of players to me penalizes those GMs which have built a roster with many quality talents way too severe...

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
Yeah I think the Idea of having to redraft a player or prospect is bs.

If they don't get selected, then they should be our property.

Do you know that there is a roster limit of 20 active players, 5 reserves and 10 prospects?

We are redrafting to get everyone back to this number of players.

At the end of the draft, you will have no room for those players even if they weren't drafted.

Parrish

Apr 2, 2004
Decatur; Indiana
Dallas Flames Fan said:
Do you know that there is a roster limit of 20 active players, 5 reserves and 10 prospects?
I vote we make that 12

Regardless this coming from the team with prolly more vets than any other team.The cap needs lowered.Not for my benifet but it does.I have Jgar,Lang etc. this will hurt me but still my opinion is a lower cap would make this a better league.

P.S.I've recieved alot of offers for Liles and Aebischer and I am here by stating that Aebischer will NOT be a Penguin going into next season.So all serious offers will be looked at.

Last edited:

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Sorry to everyone thats been trying to PM me lately, but I just found out about this new PM limit and I haven't been getting my PM's. My email had tons of emails telling me I was over the limit, I was abit confused considering I wasn't at 99, but it's all good now, I realize whats up. I actually decided to sponser for the PM space. ;)

Anyway PM away people! I am ready to talk...

Kolzig's available... KOLZIG! :)

Mack

Nov 5, 2002
Prince George, BC
HUGE DEAL TO ANNOUNCE!!!!!

To Washington: David Aebischer, J-M Liles, Rob Niedermayer and Chris Simon

To Pittsburgh: Martin Gerber, Radek Dvorak, David Vyborny, Carlo Coliacovo, Derek Armstrong

Parrish

Apr 2, 2004
Decatur; Indiana
Mack said:
HUGE DEAL TO ANNOUNCE!!!!!

To Washington: David Aebischer, J-M Liles, Rob Niedermayer and Chris Simon

To Pittsburgh: Martin Gerber, Radek Dvorak, David Vyborny, Carlo Coliacovo, Derek Armstrong

confirmed

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
As the entry draft closes out, I want to get started collecting information for the mini-dispersal draft (waiver draft is too misleading a term). I will be sending each of you an email instructin you what info I need to update the webpage and have information ready as to who is available and who isnt as well as contact information so that GMs can talk among each other.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Stars would like to aquire a quality young defenseman, if not two.. If you can miss one or two and like someone or some assets on my roster, don't hesitate to PM me..

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
question about the mini-dispersal draft:

the players we leave unprotected - the players that aren't picked when all is said and done, will they become Panthers again? or do they go into the free angent pool?

this will make a big difference on how I pick my lists...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
rinkrat13 said:
question about the mini-dispersal draft:

the players we leave unprotected - the players that aren't picked when all is said and done, will they become Panthers again? or do they go into the free angent pool?

this will make a big difference on how I pick my lists...

FA pool. A the end of the draft, you can only have 20 active players, 5 reserves and 10 prospects.

KingTY

Nov 10, 2002
Toronto
Big trade

To Tampa:
Martin Havlat + Mike Ribeiro + Henrik Lundqvist

To Minnesota:
Jean-Sebastien Giguere + Daniel Alfredsson

Confirmed

really hate losing havlat, think he'll be top 5 in scoring this yr but still like the deal overall

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Confirm Trade

To Tampa:
Martin Havlat + Mike Ribeiro + Henrik Lundqvist

To Minnesota:
Jean-Sebastien Giguere + Daniel Alfredsson

Confirm

KingTY

Nov 10, 2002
Toronto
but wait

Minnesota is stil looking to deal. Huge names are being dangled...

On the block:

S. Niedermayer
Alfredsson
morozov
All Prospects
Picks

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Ok guys...Im looking to have the Dispersal Draft start on Saturday, August 6th. So I will be imposing a Roster Freeze for Friday, July 30th. Any team that has not submitted a protected list by Sunday, August 1st then will have it reviewed by the commissioners who will then select the best protected list that team can submit. No trades can take place during the roster freeze which will be lifted at the start of the draft.

Last edited:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I have all the contact info for MSN if any GM wants it however the following teams are missing:

Anaheim Mighty Ducks - GM: ORBluesFan
Buffalo Sabres - GM: 15+17=Cup
Columbus Blue Jackets - GM: Stastny
New York Rangers - GM: Lurker
Phoenix Coyotes - GM: monster_bertuzzi

To make things a little easier for those without the MSN, I recommend signing up. Its free :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->