IFHL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

15+17=Cup

Jul 14, 2004
Mack said:
is there at least a limit on the amount of players you can lose in the waiver draft?

kinda like in the nhl.

I read somewhere (maybe in the rules or in a PM or something) that you could only lose up to 3 players in the waiver draft.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
15+17=Cup said:
I read somewhere (maybe in the rules or in a PM or something) that you could only lose up to 3 players in the waiver draft.

Thats not the case...think of this draft as a mini dispersal draft. In that the players you expose no longer become your property.

Mack

Nov 5, 2002
Prince George, BC
Hero of Tragedy said:
Thats not the case...think of this draft as a mini dispersal draft. In that the players you expose no longer become your property.

ok now what happens if only 2 of the players i expose gets choosen.....the remaining players are still mine or i have to go back and resign them as free agents?.....i just dont see how for somone like me and most of the people here who've been here since the beginning built their team to the way they want. and then have to lose them....

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Mack said:
ok now what happens if only 2 of the players i expose gets choosen.....the remaining players are still mine or i have to go back and resign them as free agents?.....i just dont see how for somone like me and most of the people here who've been here since the beginning built their team to the way they want. and then have to lose them....

Mack you are only givin up a maximum of 5 active players and 5 reserve/farm...if those 10 are so instrumental to your team...why arent you winning this league year after year? Every team has players they can let go without any consequence. This is a way for the new GMs to have their shot at somewhat building their own team. Shouldnt they get that same courtesy even if its on a smaller scale. They helped keep this league alive and I think we can at least give this to them.

Last edited:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Mack said:
i guess. i just dont wanna lose some of these guys and i cant protect them all.

Theres no rule that says you cant repick them. I'm sure they all wont go top 10 unless theres a massive conspiracy against you :D

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
Hero of Tragedy said:
Please welcome new Ducks GM...ORBluesFan

Thanks, glad to be here. Looks like the Ducks need a little work, so I'll be looking to compete on the long haul. All offers will be responded to, and at this point, nobody's off limits.

15+17=Cup

Jul 14, 2004
Hero of Tragedy said:

Oh okay. Do the players who aren't chosen become free agents or something then?

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
15+17=Cup said:

also, the players that are UFA's (right now) do they ned to be signed? or do we just use the salary they end up getting when/if an NHL team signs them?

are there free agents at all in this league? if so, how does that work?

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
15+17=Cup said:

Yes they do. But I'm goin to rewrite the rules allowing a total of 3 free agent signings a week per GM. To keep the balance of signings more balanced. I might put a limit on trades per week as well...but I havent decided yet.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
rinkrat13 said:
also, the players that are UFA's (right now) do they ned to be signed? or do we just use the salary they end up getting when/if an NHL team signs them?

are there free agents at all in this league? if so, how does that work?

Any player not on a roster is up for grabs...first come first serve so you have to be on your toes. I will be limited the number of signings per week, however. And what ever the players actual salary is will apply to this league. I'll keep you all updated when free agents can be signed.

Parrish

Apr 2, 2004
Decatur; Indiana
Malakian#13 said:
So who's interested in ...

Mark Recchi
Michael Handzus (rumored asking price 2005 1st + 2-3 line forward , will toss in my 04 3rd)
Todd Marchant
Jan Hrdina
P.J Axelsson
Samuel Pahlsson
Mike Rathje
Willie Mitchell
Francis Bouillon
Sergei Anshakov (rumored asking price 2005 1st)

I want Recchi maybe hrdina.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

To Florida:
Curtis Joseph
Paul Kariya
Peter Schaefer
Marek Malik
Tomas Fleischmann

FOR

To Pittsburgh:
Jaromir Jagr
Adrian Aucoin
CBJ's 2nd in 2005
Future Considerations

Last edited:

Mack

Nov 5, 2002
Prince George, BC
i need a top nhl goalie or atleast someone better then Gerber please. there are some teams with 3 or 4 nhl startes on thier roster thats unnessicary

15+17=Cup

Jul 14, 2004
rinkrat13 said:
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

To Florida:
Curtis Joseph
Paul Kariya
Peter Schaefer
Marek Malik
Tomas Fleischmann

FOR

To Buffalo:
Jaromir Jagr
Adrian Aucoin
CBJ's 2nd in 2005
Future Considerations

Okay..now which team is that really? I'm Buffalo.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Waiver Draft Question

We are all getting ready now for the IFHL waiver draft... everyone is running around trying to figure out who to protected who not ti, where to move a player so he would be easier to protect or not protect...

my question is - do players have to play a minimum # of games to be considering on a farm roster? what I mean is, I see some teams adding a player that played in 79 games NHL games last year onto their farm team, that can't be right?!?!

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
rinkrat13 said:
We are all getting ready now for the IFHL waiver draft... everyone is running around trying to figure out who to protected who not ti, where to move a player so he would be easier to protect or not protect...

my question is - do players have to play a minimum # of games to be considering on a farm roster? what I mean is, I see some teams adding a player that played in 79 games NHL games last year onto their farm team, that can't be right?!?!

Glad you brought that up...I am allowing you to put players with less than two full years of NHL experience on the farm for this one time only but after the waiver draft players who have more than 40 NHL games under their belt cannot be sent down to the farm.

Mack

Nov 5, 2002
Prince George, BC
WASHINGTON is willing to trade Joe Sakic and Mario Lemiuex
as well as Vyborny, Satan and Dvorak.

Sakic can be hand for nothing less then a few good players AFTER the waiver draft and a 1st, or a 1st and a VERY good prospect/young player

Lemiuex can be had for a mid-late first and a good player

Vyborny and Dvorak i kinda wanna package to get a soild NHL player.

and Satan can be had for the right price.

NEEDS: NHL Starting goalie
younger, point produceing forwards

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
Trade announcement:

Toronto Maple Leafs get: Mark Stuart, Jussi Jokinen, Cory Urquhart
Detroit Red Wings get: Ric Jackman, 2005 2nd round pick

Are we btw having any limits on how many players one can lose in the upcoming waiver draft. I am already not exactly happy about the 25 player limit, consideirng that GMs building young teams will always have a larger group of players they have in their plans since not every prospect pans out. Being unable to pretect quite a few of these, even though they are still prospects and in many cases have only been drafted these days sucks, especially if one runs the risk of losing some interesting prospects who have a significantly higher value IMO than a dime in a dozen roleplayer which teams in general will have on their 3rd-4th lines...

I remember the idea to limit the maximum amount of players lost to 2, with one max at each position. Is that going to be incorporated?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->