NHL Entry Draft If Zadina falls to the Sens should they take him?

If Zadina falls the the Sens should they take him. Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I hope Zadina improves his explosiveness and top speed.

I like the rest of his game but without that acceleration he might top as a 50-60 point forward rather than one who could flirt with 80.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It would be such a great fit. When they trade Hoffman he can probably slot in on our top PP unit right away as the lefty trigger man. Would help the team immediately.

Yeah, if Hoff is gone, Zadina would be an ideal option to replace him. Really hoping that he falls to us.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
@FolignoQuantumLeap @Micklebot Zadina tends to play the Bobby Ryan or right side on the pp not Hoffman spot. Either way we need another trigger man.

I guess, but just because he junior coach plays him that way, doesn't mean he lacks the skill set to be a trigger man on the PP. He doesn't even need to play the same exact role on the PP as Hoffman; he's got a fantastic shot and the ability to find soft spots in coverage. I think he'd help the PP.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I guess, but just because he junior coach plays him that way, doesn't mean he lacks the skill set to be a trigger man on the PP. He doesn't even need to play the same exact role on the PP as Hoffman; he's got a fantastic shot and the ability to find soft spots in coverage. I think he'd help the PP.

Oh absolutely . I was just merely pointing out he plays his off wing like most pp goal scorers do ala OV , Laine etc.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Could have been fishing to see what they could get to move down a couple spots

I don't get it. Why put out that you're going to reach at 3rd OA, it weakens your position in a trade. You want teams to think you value 3rd OA, not think you'd be doing them a favour by flipping you a third to move back a spot or two.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He isn't going to MTL, I say that with a bit of certainty

My worry is that if Montreal doesn’t want him they may look to trade back. Another team might really want Zadina and try to move up to get him. My guess is he’s likely off the board when we go up to pick, but I hope I’m wrong.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
My worry is that if Montreal doesn’t want him they may look to trade back. Another team might really want Zadina and try to move up to get him. My guess is he’s likely off the board when we go up to pick, but I hope I’m wrong.
Trading back is a smart move if you can get the guy you want and the other pieces are worth it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Zadina is off the board there will be at least 5 other very good prospects to choose from in Tkachuk, Kotkaniemi, Wahlstrom, Dobson or Bouchard, Ottawa will still end up with a very good player at 4th overall. IMO I think the first 10 players of this draft could end up being very good players, I like Hayton a lot too. Sure there are drop offs, but I don't think they are as significant as people are saying especially after the first two prospects these guys could go in almost any order as so many different rankings prove.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If Zadina is off the board there will be at least 5 other very good prospects to choose from in Tkachuk, Kotkaniemi, Wahlstrom, Dobson or Bouchard, Ottawa will still end up with a very good player at 4th overall. IMO I think the first 10 players of this draft could end up being very good players, I like Hayton a lot too. Sure there are drop offs, but I don't think they are as significant as people are saying especially after the first two prospects these guys could go in almost any order as so many different rankings prove.

Yes, after the elite player(s) are taken (Dahlen and possibly Svechnikov) the rest of the top 10 or so have similar probabilities of becoming decent NHL level players. Their development over the next 2 or 3 years will determine the results. I see more rating services supporting Tkachuk than the others.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Hoffman is moved, I think it's quite possible that Ottawa could draft Zadina as the sniper to replace Hoffman the sniper especially if they think Zadina is almost NHL ready & still on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->