NHL Entry Draft If Zadina falls to the Sens should they take him?

If Zadina falls the the Sens should they take him. Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The director at ISS thinks he could become a 1st line center, not sure that's realistic, but I'd say that's swinging for the fences if a team thinks that.

I think his play making skills are good enough to play C, but his overall game is far better suited for the wing.

Interesting anyways that someone who gets paid to do this believes in him that much though.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
This. Zadina is the clear #3, if he is available I think Dorion and company cash in on the mistake by the habs. It would be a dream come true for Tkachuck to go to habs and watch that dumpster fire continue to grow.
if Thachuk reaches his potential he is a guy who will be a pain in the ass to play against 6 times a year

Reactions: aragorn

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
if Thachuk reaches his potential he is a guy who will be a pain in the ass to play against 6 times a year
If Zadina gets even close to his potential, he's a guy who will get the team wins. I'd rather a successful team than one that's a "pain in the ass to play against."

EDIT: This is not a knock on Tkachuk. If Zadina's not there at our pick, I'd scoop Brady up in a heartbeat. But if Z's still on the board, we'd be fools to go any other direction.

Reactions: Cosmix

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If Zadina gets even close to his potential, he's a guy who will get the team wins. I'd rather a successful team than one that's a "pain in the ass to play against."

EDIT: This is not a knock on Tkachuk. If Zadina's not there at our pick, I'd scoop Brady up in a heartbeat. But if Z's still on the board, we'd be fools to go any other direction.
Yep Zadina if available,if not grab one of the top end defenders and call it a day..For me its Dobson

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The probability that Tkachuk busts is extremely low, but the chances of Tkachuk ending up the best player out of the guys in the second tier (Zadina, Bouchard, Dobson, Kotkaniemi, Hughes, Wahlstrom, etc...) is quite low as well.

He's a low-upside high-floor player. He'd be a bunt at 4th OVR, and that's a pick that we should be trying to hit a home-run with.

At first I thought you meant a bunt cake, and it made me laugh. I think the comparison works though.. it's a decent desert, however pretty disappointing compared to what else is on the table.

Reactions: Cosmix

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna

He could also turn out to be a poor man's Tom Wilson. Only time will tell. I agree with those who say Zadina if available and Dobson if not.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Sens are on the clock...

Montreal just picked Kotkaniemi. Arizona is on the phone saying they want the 4th pick to ensure they get their guy (Zadina). They offer the 5th + Domi in exchange for 4th + Harpur.

Do you still pick Zadina with the 4th or do you do the trade and get Tkachuk + Domi?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He could also turn out to be a poor man's Tom Wilson. Only time will tell. I agree with those who say Zadina if available and Dobson if not.

I suppose, but Wilson didn't have the soft hands or playmaking ability Tkachuck has. Tkachuk could become a poor man's Wilson in the same way that Svechnikov could become the next Benoit Pouliot. Something would have to go very wrong for that to happen.

Reactions: DJB

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sens are on the clock...

Montreal just picked Kotkaniemi. Arizona is on the phone saying they want the 4th pick to ensure they get their guy (Zadina). They offer the 5th + Domi in exchange for 4th + Harpur.

Do you still pick Zadina with the 4th or do you do the trade and get Tkachuk + Domi?
i take that.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Sens are on the clock...

I'd do that trade.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I just want a high potential forward on this team. Get someone up front that can take over a game...oh and sign Ek then we can have that 1-2 punch! We need goals.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
I suppose, but Wilson didn't have the soft hands or playmaking ability Tkachuck has. Tkachuk could become a poor man's Wilson in the same way that Svechnikov could become the next Benoit Pouliot. Something would have to go very wrong for that to happen.

Fair. My response was to point out picking Tkachuck and him not meeting potential would hurt given most of what I hear on here is that he's the safe bet. At least if Zadina doesn't hit potential there was a chance for a high production player.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Sens are on the clock...

do the trade then trade down again from the 5th slot

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Does anyone else get a Patrick Kane vibe off of Zadina? (In a good way)

Plays like him, looks like him, is his favourite player.

If Arizona offered us Domi to move up a spot though, we should do it. Domi is top six material and could replace Hoffman long term.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

If Arizona offered us Domi to move up a spot though, we should do it. Domi is top six material and could replace Hoffman long term.

At the same age Kane had almost twice as many points in the same amount of CHL games.

He's also primarily a playmaker, whereas Zadina is primarily a goal-scorer.

I don't think Kane is a good comparison stylistically or in terms of potential.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Drafting Zadina over Tkachuk would be idiotic.
Biased much? It's a reasonable debate which is the better prospect (Zadina IMO). I understand why you like Tkachuk, he has a lot of desirable traits but there is a reason that Tkachuk is typically ranked lower. If we have the option of Zadina, Tkachuk, Bouchard and Dobson at #4 then we should be trying to trade down to 6 or 7 and taking a pick of the best of those remaining because the differences amongst them are razor thin.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Fair. My response was to point out picking Tkachuck and him not meeting potential would hurt given most of what I hear on here is that he's the safe bet. At least if Zadina doesn't hit potential there was a chance for a high production player.

Sales isn't your thing is it :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

No where near as fast.. Kane is a very special player.. so no

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Biased much? It's a reasonable debate which is the better prospect (Zadina IMO). I understand why you like Tkachuk, he has a lot of desirable traits but there is a reason that Tkachuk is typically ranked lower. If we have the option of Zadina, Tkachuk, Bouchard and Dobson at #4 then we should be trying to trade down to 6 or 7 and taking a pick of the best of those remaining because the differences amongst them are razor thin.
Did you quote the other guy's post as being bias also?

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

R2010

May 23, 2011
Did you quote the other guy's post as being bias also?

Fair point. I didn't see the quote until just seeing that comment. IMO this is not as straightforward as people make it out to be with prospects but if we believe that one of the d-men has a reasonable chance at top pairing then we better not pass on that.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Fair point. I didn't see the quote until just seeing that comment. IMO this is not as straightforward as people make it out to be with prospects but if we believe that one of the d-men has a reasonable chance at top pairing then we better not pass on that.
Agreed & I have said it several times that there are at least 6 prospects who could be drafted starting at #3 depending on which team have these guys ranked & may want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad