If your team moved, would you watch them? Give up hockey?

oiler-dude

If the Oilers were to move, I think I'd still have a soft spot for the team they would become, but I wouldn't follow them like I do now.

I don't think I'd follow the NHL in general as I do now, but would probably like teams like the Rangers more.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
Not sure. Might not because honestly the Canucks aren't very entertaining right now. I'd be much more interested in watching the pens or caps. I watch other teams as much as I do the Canucks and nuck games are probably the least entertaining.

letsgoflyers75

Aug 11, 2004
www.bluelinehockey.net
I was an Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies fan in the ECHL and they moved all the way to California. I still follow the league and I root for the Fresno Falcons because half of the Bullies team went to Fresno.

But as for the franchise, I really don't care anymore.

If the Flyers moved, hell, I don't know. I'll never give up on hockey but I don't know if I could root for the Kansas City Flyers. Philly would eventually get a team back and I'd root for them.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
If Oilers move to an American City, then I won't cheer for them. If to any Canadian city, I'll keep cheering for them!

cherry

Mar 10, 2005
WV
The Sharks are my team & I've always followed the long distance, so I'd still watch them if they moved. Wouldn't make any difference to me!

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
I've been a Ducks fan for a while, and have a lot of emotion invested in the team. I'd be crushed, and probably wouldn't watch the NHL for a while. (I'd become a much more vocal Long Beach Ice Dogs fan.) Afterwards I'd probably just find a new team. The first team I sort of cheered for in hockey was Vancouver, so I'd probably go back to them. But losing the Ducks isn't something I want to really think about.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It's happened with my favorite team twice (The rockies and whalers) and I still watched hockey, but didn't support my old team. Not having a local NHL team made it harder to follow the game.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Whe the Vancouver Grizzlies left I was kinda young but I guess I now follow the raptors and spurs, even though I'm not that big of a basketball fan. My favorite alredy relocated, so relocating wouldn't be that much of a problem. I live in Vancouver and my favorite team plays in Denver, I could care less if they moved to Puerto Rico....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->