If your Gretzky, crosby, staal, or spezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

Thornton(while having good numbers) has either been playing hurt or uninspired this year for large stretches.He still get's points,he can put one or two up every game on sheer talent alone,but the rest of the game......................he looks almost useless out there.I'm calling the guy out(i like him and his game a lot)................he needs to pick it up if he's not playing hurt or take some time off to get healthy if he is.Somethings wrong and if you've watched his games this year you'll see it.If he keeps it up like this......................i could'nt take him on the team,throw a guy making a bigger impact on.We all know Joe SHOULD be there if he plays like he is capable of playing,but right now he isn't.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Guys what do you think about Crosby right now? Looks like he's slowing down lately, and personnally I don't think he'll make the team.

Spezza is definitely going to Torino!!! :D

espo*

roshiajin said:
Guys what do you think about Crosby right now? Looks like he's slowing down lately, and personnally I don't think he'll make the team.

Spezza is definitely going to Torino!!! :D
He probably won't get picked(for that matter Spez and Staal probably won't either)

He's(Crosby) the smartest and most talented guy on the ice when he plays,he's good enough to go there and contribute right now garunteed but he likely has little chance of making the cut.Team Canada brass just likes more experience and they have plenty of it.He's a long shot even as good as he is.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
NyQuil said:
I may agree that Crosby would play the wing better than Staal and certainly Spezza, and may be a better selection, but making those around him better is PRECISELY what Spezza does.

How else do you get 117 points in the AHL playing with guys like Brandon Bochenski?
i agree that spezza makes those around him better, but bochenski did alright with parise at UND and was doing well in binghamton without spezza.

Look at a player like dany roussin. he had back to back 115 pt seasons in the Q on crosbys wing. Now in the ahl, he cant hid the broad sied of a barrell.

Crosby made him a star, got him drafted in the 2nd round, and has given him a future. Spezza makes players around him better, but not as well as crosby IMHO

Flyguy_1ca

Apr 12, 2005
BC, Canada
Staal should be on the team...look at the rest of that teams scoring....no one even close to Staal. MVP is player most valuable to his team...that is Staal! Only Jagr could possibly compete for that award so far.

Spezza leads the league in points...nuf said...he's on the team

Crosby is a point a game guy...doing good...but not good enough. He simply has not earned his way on to the team. Neither has Lemieux or Yzerman. If they make it, it's because of politics or because of what they did for Canada years prior....but that doesn't help us now. If we leave Thornton at home so we can have Lemieux..we're a worse team because of it.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Mario to his credit has said that, while he would like a spot, he wants to earn it. Anyone who has seen him play this year knows that simply will not happen. I suspect Stevie Y is in the same boat.

I think if Spezza goes he goes as a center and if Sid goes he goes as a winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad