If you were trading one player on this team, who would it be?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
In regards to Marner being equal to Eichel. Top line centers will always be one of the rarest assets available on the open market. It's fair to mention the injury, but you also need to acknowledge that the market on Eichel was severely limited. The type of return you could expect for an $11m winger is probably going to be quite disappointing.

Of course it's fair to mention the injury, it's highly relevant. And not sure what you mean by the market being severely limited, perhaps it's because he's injured? I think if Eichel was 100% healthy there would be a ton of teams interested. And even at that, he still returned 3 valuable assets, we can only speculate on what the return would have been had there been no health issues.

Marner is a young 1st team all-star, just coming into his prime, is 100% healthy and is under contract for many more years. Yeah I think he's worth a ton, certainly more than an injured Eichel even though he doesn't play centre. There's no way for either one of us to prove anything here so agree to disagree and leave at that I guess.

Reactions: Jojalu

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
If we must substract someone to make room for Soup and Mrazek - do you think Dubas just wants a draft pick? Or is he going to look for an AHL vet that he so often acquires?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I gotta say I'm really liking kerfoot. He's just continuing from the playoffs. He's fast, playing with a bit of grit, pacing for a bit under 50 points with 3rd line minutes, great on the pk etc...

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
If we must substract someone to make room for Soup and Mrazek - do you think Dubas just wants a draft pick? Or is he going to look for an AHL vet that he so often acquires?

I suppose it would depend on the player moving out and the amount of cap space created by that alone. Injuries have certainly delayed things on the trade front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad