If you were the Blackhawks...

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
as a hawks fan id be fine with either. the only thing that worries me about Voracek is his low point total playing in the Q. I haven't seen him play so I can't judge, but it seems like such a highly rated prospect should be able to score a little more than he has in that league.

He took some time to adapt in the Q, he started to really blossom after Christmas in the regular season.
He's the scoring leader in the Q playoffs playing with a defensively minded team, incredible performance by him. Unfortunitly, he was alone with Logan MacMillan to carry the team...

Not like Patrick Kane who plays with two offensive wizards in Sam Gagner and Sergei Kostitsyn, on an offensive minded system and playing the full 2 minutes on the power play. Guys like Adam Perry and David Meckler are not bad either

And I don't understand what's with the Idea of the Q being an easy scoring league. The OHL became the most offensive league in the CHL in the last 2 seasons. I'm pretty sure Patrick Kane would never put up more than 90 points if he was playing with the Moose Heads. But we will never know...

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He took some time to adapt in the Q, he started to really blossom after Christmas in the regular season.
He's the scoring leader in the Q playoffs playing with a defensively minded team, incredible performance by him. Unfortunitly, he was alone with Logan MacMillan to carry the team...

Not like Patrick Kane who plays with two offensive wizards in Sam Gagner and Sergei Kostitsyn, on an offensive minded system and playing the full 2 minutes on the power play. Guys like Adam Perry and David Meckler are not bad either

And I don't understand what's with the Idea of the Q being an easy scoring league. The OHL became the most offensive league in the CHL in the last 2 seasons. I'm pretty sure Patrick Kane would never put up more than 90 points if he was playing with the Moose Heads. But we will never know...

I don't understand how you can appear to penalize a player like Kane just because he had some talented linemates. To do what Kane did this year (come in as a *rookie* and lead the league in scoring) is remarkable. He was also more of an even strength presence than his two linemates.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
I don't understand how you can appear to penalize a player like Kane just because he had some talented linemates. To do what Kane did this year (come in as a *rookie* and lead the league in scoring) is remarkable. He was also more of an even strength presence than his two linemates.

I'm not saying I'm penalizing him, but he benefits alot from theses aspects. I don't know if you understand my point. And the scout will take this in considerations too and you know it.

I like Kane, but I just don't think that he is better then Jakub Voracek.

Many compares Voracek too Marian Hossa and Kane to Paul Kariya. So who do like more Marian Hossa or Paul Kariya ?! I know it's just a simple comparison, but a team with Hossa is in better position then with Kariya if you ask me. Hope you catch my point.

Just an opinion... :)

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Comparisons aren't that simple, though. They're much more attuned to playing style than to overall potential, so it's not like Voracek will be a total clone of Hossa, especially given body type. I personally don't see many similarities, but even so, it's not a comparison for top end.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Many compares Voracek too Marian Hossa and Kane to Paul Kariya. So who do like more Marian Hossa or Paul Kariya ?! I know it's just a simple comparison, but a team with Hossa is in better position then with Kariya if you ask me. Hope you catch my point.

Just an opinion... :)

Like someone else has said - comparisons are VERY dangerous, because you're comparing styles - not players. Which would you rather have Trevor Linden or Marian Hossa? Because TL in 1995 was a total stud, and while he never finished top 5 in the league in scoring, he played a great all around game.

And just for kicks - check out Kariya's stats early in his career.

95/96: 82gp, 50g, 58a
96/97: 69gp, 44g, 50a
97/98: 22gp, 17g, 14a (Sutter cheapshot)
98/99: 82gp, 39g, 62a

4 straight years on pace for 100+ points, and one of the most dominating offensive players in hte league (on anything but a powerhouse team). If Kane could do that for the Hawks, I'd be THRILLED.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
True, I forgot about Makarov. But I guess that furthers my point as there are only a bunch of question marks surrounding the true snipers in the Blackhawks prospect pool, so drafting Kane would make a lot of sense. Either or, I don't think you can lose with either Kane or Voracek, seeing as how they will probably both become good NHLers and the other will go to the opposite conference.

I think their are alot of questions surrounding almost every "prospect" on every team untill they are about 20,21,22.

The Hawks taking Kane is a risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad