Speculation: If you were SFY who would you get rid of?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
If you were SFY and had free hand i.e. you wouldn't have to worry about buyout rules, cap hits, market values and other factors who would you get rid of?

Reasons could be age, performance or even just disliking the player for some reason (if so state why).

Shoot!

Fred89

Jun 8, 2011
Milan
Pretty easy :D

Malone -> Liability right now
Ohlund -> Same of before
Purcell -> Doesn't fit with Cooper play imho

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Before the DUI / Cocaine scandal I would have said Malone. However, looks like we can put Malone on LTIR (same as Ohlund) and use his cap number. My first option would be Purcell - he does not play the 2 way physical game that Cooper's system demands. He does not work hard to get the puck back and for a perimeter player he lacks the killer instinct to shoot and prefers to defer as a playmaker. He is far from a playmaker and at 6'2 he should be hitting the dirty areas and front of the net. Most days he looked disinterested and would argue did not fit in well with any of our players in top 3 lines.

There is really nobody else - the team is so young on the front end and the two defenseman we have slotted in the #3 and #5 did a good enough job to earn their salaries this past season.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Malone and Tedward without knowing what we're bringing back in. If we could get a really good LHD, I'd be okay saying bye to Carle - but we'd need the replacement before I'd let him go.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Salo and Ted-dy Pur-cell. I think re-signing Cally makes losing Teddy a possibility at least. Although, losing Malone makes me think maybe we'll keep him around and see how he does. I just hope we don't have another year of playing Purcell in the top six on lines he's clearly dragging down.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Now that Malone has been bought out, Salo. He should retire, age has caught him and he shouldn't play in the NHL anymore. One of my favorite players growing up so I was glad to have him in the Lightning for these two seasons even though he wasn't very good this season (lockout season he was really solid, though). Purcell probably as well. Öhlund, too - another guy that I really liked, it's a shame that he had such a bad injury. But his contract isn't that bad, obviously, as it can be put on LTIR.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Not saying I want to get rid of him but Purcell would be the most likely forward to move, imo.

Was pushed out of the top-6 and he'd be wasted on the 4th line. Don't see him being put on the 3rd line, unless Kucherov is sent down to Syracuse for more refining.

Sending him to a team that needs help in their top-6 would be beneficial to everyone.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Roster is clogged. I count 14 forwards for 12 spots right now.

I guess you could clear some space by moving #91 and #27, right? :sarcasm:

1 Stamkos
2 Callahan
3 Filppula
4 Purcell
5 Johnson
6 Palat
7 Killorn
8 Thompson
9 Crombeen
10 Drouin
11 Kucherov
12 Panik (RFA)
13 Brown (RFA)
14 Connolly (RFA)
15 Kunyk (RFA)

Can Panik be sent down?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
1 Stamkos
2 Callahan
3 Filppula
4 Purcell
5 Johnson
6 Palat
7 Killorn
8 Thompson
9 Crombeen
10 Drouin
11 Kucherov
12 Panik (RFA)
13 Brown (RFA)
14 Connolly (RFA)
15 Kunyk (RFA)

Can Panik be sent down?

Kunyk should be in AHL... maybe we should trade Crombeen?
Too many young good players :laugh:
Don't want Brown/Panik/Connolly back in AHL

I hope we trade one or two young forwards for a d-man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad