If you were GOD which team would u eliminate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
kmad said:
Firstly, pretending I were God, I'd have to assume a higher moral standard, especially relative to the atmosphere. Given the dominance of North American fans on the site, I'd have to attach myself to the notions of God that are distributed by the different facets of Christianity.

Secondly, if I were God, what would I be more concerned with - the state of the game of hockey, or symbolism that flies right in the face of divinity?

The first team I'd eliminate would be the New Jersey Devils. This is an obvious one. Having them as a franchise is bad enough, but allowing them to be one of the best teams is an insult to everything I've created. It solidifies the idea that satanism leads to success. The one thing this team has going is that they have the second coming of Jesus as their active goaltender.

The second team I'd eliminate would be the Buffalo Sabres. Not only is my arch nemesis on this squad, but he's designated as their team leader? Proposterous.

Since the teams are so close geographically, I'll probably just destroy the whole of New York State with a hurricane or something, to save my holy time. Therefore, the third and fourth teams I'd eliminate are the Islanders and the Rangers, for no real good reasons.
That was just beautiful :)

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Get rid of Toronto... so the stupid Canadian press can talk about one of the other 29 teams once in a while...

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Parise = The Future said:
Problem is, Nascar, college football and basketball, and the NFL all attract way more attention in the south then hockey does. Even high school football games are religiously attended to crazy degrees.
You can't generalize the whole south, everyplace is different. High school football is very unimportant outside of a few pockets, and I had never even met people into college basketball until I lived in the midwest.

If Carolina had a winner, people would show up, they certainly have the population and the income levels to support a team.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
kmad said:
Firstly, pretending I were God, I'd have to assume a higher moral standard, especially relative to the atmosphere. Given the dominance of North American fans on the site, I'd have to attach myself to the notions of God that are distributed by the different facets of Christianity.

Secondly, if I were God, what would I be more concerned with - the state of the game of hockey, or symbolism that flies right in the face of divinity?

The first team I'd eliminate would be the New Jersey Devils. This is an obvious one. Having them as a franchise is bad enough, but allowing them to be one of the best teams is an insult to everything I've created. It solidifies the idea that satanism leads to success. The one thing this team has going is that they have the second coming of Jesus as their active goaltender.

The second team I'd eliminate would be the Buffalo Sabres. Not only is my arch nemesis on this squad, but he's designated as their team leader? Proposterous.

Since the teams are so close geographically, I'll probably just destroy the whole of New York State with a hurricane or something, to save my holy time. Therefore, the third and fourth teams I'd eliminate are the Islanders and the Rangers, for no real good reasons.

that was f'ing hilarious. :lol :joker: :lol: :handclap:

se7en*

Edmonton's metro must have passed the million mark by now, in 2003 it was listed at 990,500 and it's growing fast. Inside the actual borders it's just under 700,000 I think.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
if people are getting mad that some people are trying to take away their teams they should go to the games. I don't think we should contract teams if they don't make money but we should contract teams that get like 5 thousand ppl a game. There is a reasoning it would make the nhl alot more exciting as talent wouldn't be spread out all over and all the teams would be better i say contract 4 teams and go back to the 26 team league.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
1. Montreal
2. Edmonton
3. Calgary
4. Ottawa

i'm not a fan of contracting anyone, but those are my choices. Now, if I really get to be "GOD," it will be my first priority to contract from LIFE anyone who starts "WHO SHUD WE CONTRACT LOL" threads by seeing them washed into a sea filled with angry giant squid and huge spiny sea anemones.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
JKP said:
Get rid of Toronto... so the stupid Canadian press can talk about one of the other 29 teams once in a while...

yeah but then they'd just talk about the Raptors and Jays so you'd get no hockey.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
I would get rid of - Carolina, Nashville, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Florida and Pheonix.

I just don't think they have markets to support their teams or they don't have the fans.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
nomorekids said:
Now, if I really get to be "GOD," it will be my first priority to contract from LIFE anyone who starts "WHO SHUD WE CONTRACT LOL" threads by seeing them washed into a sea filled with angry giant squid and huge spiny sea anemones.

Can you make it your second priority to crush folks who type "It's a ludacris idea!"?

Please?

And make them suffer a little too.

Also, I have a small list of posters I'd send you by PM who deserve at the very least a tryout in purgatory... with a good possibility of signing a long term contract south of heaven.

jacketracket*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Can you make it your second priority to crush folks who type "It's a ludacris idea!"?

Please?

...and don't forget the "that's just rediculous" crowd, while you're at it...thanks!

Thresher

Jun 30, 2004
HECK
djhn579 said:
Just out of curiosity, was that just the population of the city or the metropolitan area?

city...metro switches it up a bit - for example, New York would rank 1st, Toronto drops to 9th, Dallas jumps to 10th, San Jose tumbles to 78th...etc. (and on a side note, of the Bay Area trinity...San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland......SJ has 100,000-200,000 more people than SF, city/metro - & more than twice as many people as Oakland - ha - - - my local politics course is obviously racking my brain)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Vlad The Impaler said:

Please?

Also, I have a small list of posters I'd send you by PM who deserve at the very least a tryout in purgatory... with a good possibility of signing a long term contract south of heaven.

absolutely. real estate in hades is at a premium, at the moment.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
Thresher said:
city...metro switches it up a bit - for example, New York would rank 1st, Toronto drops to 9th, Dallas jumps to 10th, San Jose tumbles to 78th...etc. (and on a side note, of the Bay Area trinity...San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland......SJ has 100,000-200,000 more people than SF, city/metro - & more than twice as many people as Oakland - ha - - - my local politics course is obviously racking my brain)

Those first numbers you put up surprised me a bit because I thought they were metro area populations as well. I knew that Atlanta (somewhere around 4M including metro) couldn't be down in 83rd.

dkrause1971

Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
Why the South?

I hate when people want to contract the new teams (ie the southern teams). I bet if we had this arguement in 1970 that the Blues and the other new expansions would be on the list. Give them a chance to build a base. To say a team doesn't have a fan base that is 5-6 years old is insane. How could they? Also, i know for a fact that Nashville has a sweetheart deal with the city of Nashville. The arena is practically free for them and the team decided to build thru the draft instead of just going thru free agency. When they start to win, they'll start to sell out but until then they are not contracting- because they aren't losing money bigtime.

The Teams if contraction happened might not be your southern new teams, They probably have good deals with the cities and lower payrolls. Its probably the teams like St Louis, LA, etc. Those teams you guys accept as too stable to fold.

Anyway, in the chart bottom you'll notice only 2 aka southern teams in Nashville and Carolina. I mentioned Nashville. I heard the Carolina GM on the Todd Wright show say that people think teams like his would get hurt in a lockout but their deal with Raleigh and their payroll (or wherever that play) actually makes them until to have problems. Plus if you are still building a fanbase its easier to get 5000K back to season ticket holders then 15000 back. The fall is smaller. Those for contraction be careful what you wish for.

This is the bottom 7 in home attendance (off of ESPN)
24 New Jersey 39 581,599 14,912
25 Washington 41 603,528 14,720
26 NY Islanders 40 537,264 13,431
27 Chicago 41 543,374 13,253
28 Nashville 40 527,091 13,177 77.0
29 Carolina 40 486,870 12,171 65.0
30 Pittsburgh 41 486,961 11,877

thanks-Don

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
I wouldnT eliminate any team. Whereever there is a team, there is a team. As long as it can hold itself and fansupport it is not misplaced.

Orange

Jul 12, 2003
Visit site
I'd eliminate all 30 teams ! Disband the league, bring back Canada cup and make it last all year ! As a god, I would want hockey to reach perfection, not have that crappy mockery of a league called the "NHL" ...

Solak

Dec 24, 2003
Rochester, MN
Visit site
Not that I have anything against the following teams...but...I would like to see some of the California and Florida teams gone, and in there place bring back Quebec and Winnipeg....I know this probably won't happen but I think Canada should be given teams before some terrible U.S. markets.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
nomorekids said:
it would be one thing if they had valid arguments.

but they never do.
Unless you think "two teams in southern California is too many" , "they shouldn't have hockey where it's not cold" or "this city DESERVES a team" are valid arguments, which apparently some people do.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
joepeps said:
NY Islanders ---> Salt Lake City
Nashville ---> St. John's

St. John's - travel??? it would take hours on a plane just to get to division rivals

and salt lake city... as much as Utah is well known for its love of hockey, mormons aren't high on violence. I'm guessing you picked SLC because of the olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->