2019 Stanley Cup Final If you were at Game 7 ( Gigapixel )

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

2019 NHL Stanley Cup Gigapixel Fan Photo - Powered by Blakeway Panoramas

upload_2019-6-13_21-44-8.png

The Jacobs Family didn't looked pleased

upload_2019-6-13_21-49-58.png

Last edited:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Taken with 11:03 left in the second and down 2-0, and everyone looks defeated.

Looking for Backes and the Black Aces now.

Also the people who bought the ridiculously priced tickets I saw on resale sites. ;)

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Also the people who bought the ridiculously priced tickets I saw on resale sites. ;)

I can not put in words how deflated the arena was after the first period - Shots on goal were 12 BOS 4 STL and yet we trailed 2-0.

Perhaps this is the reason playing at home can become a liability. I'm convinced players feel the panic of the fans and then overcompensate.

The Blues were not spooked about playing at TD Garden - They won 3 games in Winnipeg, 2 in Dallas, 2 in San Jose and 3 in Boston.

That picture really captures the mood inside TD Garden

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I think I found Miller, Clifton, Wagner, and two older guys in the healthy scratch box on 9. In the box to their right, 7 youngish guys dressed casually, some in Bruins fan-jerseys - family? Aces? The next box has the NESN crew, with Jack, Brick, et. al.

I think I also found Brett Hull in the suites on level 6, literally contemplating his drink. Could be a lookalike. Three or four suites to the right of the cameras in a suite with Blues fans.

I'll try and screencap these tomorrow.

P.S. Great job getting the folks in 328-305, gigapixel. :/

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I can not put in words how deflated the arena was after the first period - Shots on goal were 12 BOS 4 STL and yet we trailed 2-0.

Perhaps this is the reason playing at home can become a liability. I'm convinced players feel the panic of the fans and then overcompensate.

The Blues were not spooked about playing at TD Garden - They won 3 games in Winnipeg, 2 in Dallas, 2 in San Jose and 3 in Boston.

That picture really captures the mood inside TD Garden
That second goal happened so quickly. I wasn't too dismayed going into the period break 1-0 with the way the B's were playing.

I was just about to get out of my chair for the break and it was suddenly 2-0.

Like the attendees, I felt that was it. I didn't think St. Louis could win 1-0, but 2 would be enough. Like Nashville, they can protect the house at that stage.

I know it's a different time and a team constructed differently, but last night made me really appreciate the intimidating influence Boston's home ice had on the Canucks in 2011.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I think I found Miller, Clifton, Wagner, and two older guys in the healthy scratch box on 9. In the box to their right, 7 youngish guys dressed casually, some in Bruins fan-jerseys - family? Aces? The next box has the NESN crew, with Jack, Brick, et. al.

I think I also found Brett Hull in the suites on level 6, literally contemplating his drink. Could be a lookalike. Three or four suites to the right of the cameras in a suite with Blues fans.

I'll try and screencap these tomorrow.

P.S. Great job getting the folks in 328-305, gigapixel. :/
I think I found Hull too, and possibly St. Louis' scratches.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That second goal happened so quickly. I wasn't too dismayed going into the period break 1-0 with the way the B's were playing.

I was just about to get out of my chair for the break and it was suddenly 2-0.

Like the attendees, I felt that was it. I didn't think St. Louis could win 1-0, but 2 would be enough. Like Nashville, they can protect the house at that stage.

I know it's a different time and a team constructed differently, but last night made me really appreciate the intimidating influence Boston's home ice had on the Canucks in 2011.

The road team won five of the seven games. :help:

I would like to see @Ladyfan @Kate08 @EverettMike check in on this thread along with anyone else who was there.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

I would like to see @Ladyfan @Kate08 @EverettMike check in on this thread along with anyone else who was there.

First goal hurt, but people were still into it trying to rally the team. The second goal was a dagger and the building went completely dead.

I know people like to shit on the fans that were in the building for not being loud, but for many of us who have been in the building for too many elimination games, it felt like Groundhog Day and that we had front row seats to a funeral.

Personally, going into the first intermission I was stunned. The group of people I meet with during each intermission was stunned. By the second intermission I was gutted.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
First goal hurt, but people were still into it trying to rally the team. The second goal was a dagger and the building went completely dead.

I know people like to **** on the fans that were in the building for not being loud, but for many of us who have been in the building for too many elimination games, it felt like Groundhog Day and that we had front row seats to a funeral.

Personally, going into the first intermission I was stunned. The group of people I meet with during each intermission was stunned. By the second intermission I was gutted.

@Kate08 - Can you screengrab your section?

I know the Groundhog Day feeling - Take away 2011 and any Game 7's with Toronto the history hasn't been great in the new Garden

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
@Kate08 - Can you screengrab your section?

I know the Groundhog Day feeling - Take away 2011 and any Game 7's with Toronto the history hasn't been great in the new Garden

This is from my section.

The Blues fans in the frame are happy.

CCF43811-37F7-4D54-90CD-C0D207E3DFDE.png

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I just found my wife and I. Wow do I look depressed. Once Pietroangelo scored I think a lot of people felt it was over or at least they were in serious trouble. Scoring with seconds left in the period was a buzz kill for the crowd.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I just found my wife and I. Wow do I look depressed. Once Pietroangelo scored I think a lot of people felt it was over or at least they were in serious trouble. Scoring with seconds left in the period was a buzz kill for the crowd.

A friend sent me a screenshot of me. I look like I’m going to puke.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

No getting around the fact the second goal sucked the life out of the building.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Was sad (in the white Bergy Jersey)

Can concur with @Fenway , the moment the second goal went in, it was like the whole building just died. Atmosphere was fine to start, the Bruins looked great, but two quick mistakes and BOOM 2-0 RIGHT before the 2nd. Came out for the third raring to go and ready for them to tie it but then the save on Nordstrom and boom 3-0.

When Krejci got stopped, it felt like game 5 all over again, Binnington just wasn't going to let anything in.

upload_2019-6-14_8-14-16.png

Reactions: goflyakite

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Crowd was amazing all pre-game and throughout the first period, until the second goal was like getting the wind knocked out of you.

Second period there was almost nothing to cheer. Bs were sloppy and couldn't get many shots through. Thought the crowd was still into it though, there just wasn't a lot to be into it.

People were still loud and into it in the third, until the third goal. Then it was over. Felt like a slow moving funeral at that point, one we just realized we'd been at since the end of the first.

Reactions: trenton1

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
My friends and I found us on it. the Picture is almost a work of art all of us unhappy standing with looks of disgust up in the Balcony. I can only imagine how the Bruins ownership and management were feeling. I think I keep seeing Marchands bonehead play every 20 minutes in my head. I can't shake it. Possibly the worst dumbass thing i've personally ever seen in playoff hockey short of that guy who shot the puck in his own net in that oilers-calgary series when I was a kid. But that wasn't a Stanley Cup Final game 7.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad