If you was a GM, who was your steal this draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
My steal players are Pasi Salonen and Peter Guggisberg.

Pasi Salonen is pure goal scorer and he is Finland´s best player who was born -85. He was born late -85 and if he was borned month later then he has been eligible U-18 Championship this year and i now that he was put better numbers or same than Tukonen, Nokelainen and Korpikoski. Korpikoski was never made that scenario to the first line. Also Salonen was injury most of first half on this year and that´s why his numbers isn´t that amazing what all expect he gonna do. If he wasn´t injury that first half of the year he was also played U-20 championship and then everybody nows what ginda player he is and it´s sure that he was go 1 or 2 round this years draft. If there is some scouts who read this treath i have to say, take Salonen no matter which round but take it him! He going to be sure steal if he going to be drafted later than first two and that looks very obviosly.

Also Guggisberg going to be amazing player and i think that only reason why he was not ranked higher was that he is from Swis. He stickhandling ability is amazing and his vision on the ice is also pretty amazing too. And again if there is scouts who was going that draft so tell your GM that he take Guggisberg, you won´t going to be disapointed.

If you make those picks that make you look good and very smart.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
How can anyone be a steal, they haven't been selected yet and we don't know WHERE they will be selected. They're just eligible players for now.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Evan Mcgrath has been slipping this year for some reason.. I think he'll go early to mid second round and will become a great player when his time comes.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
rahan said:
How can anyone be a steal, they haven't been selected yet and we don't know WHERE they will be selected. They're just eligible players for now.

You have to look rankings and you see that some players are ranked lower that what they potential is. I see that if Guggisber and Salonen drop out first 2. round they are steal players and that looks very obviosly that they drop maybe about rounds 4-6. Salonen going to drop be cause he had that injury and Guggisberg drop be cause he is Swis (little hockey country) and cause he is overaged. Salonen´s potential is there but he don´t have chance to show that this year.

Guggisberg look very much like Detroit pick and i think that Calgary or Colorado going to pick Salonen.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Ironically enough, I was thinking Guggisperg when I opened this thread. The Pens have dipped into Switzerland once before, I hope that they do again this year in round 3. However, I don't know a whole lot outside of some comments Woodlief made about him in yesterday's ESPN chat, and that he is one of the best skaters this year.

Salonen was just asked about in the USAToday chat, from someone from Tampare, Finland...I assume this was you IFK? Salonen seems like an intruiging pick, even though I don't know much about him.

I'd like to see the Pens take a chance on Parshin as well, maybe with their second pick in the second round at #61 overall.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
MrKnowNothing said:
Salonen was just asked about in the USAToday chat, from someone from Tampare, Finland...I assume this was you IFK? Salonen seems like an intruiging pick, even though I don't know much about him.

Yes, that was my queston and his answer was very much what i think which round Salonen and Petrell coming to pick. If Salonen going to drop 6th round then he is IMO defenetly steal this draft. I have to say congratulations that team fans whoes team to do that pick.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
I think the Islanders got a POTENTIAL steal in Wes O'neil. If he can get his game together, he can be special. There is a reason he was once considered a 1st round pick, but there is also a reason why he wasn't. It will be interesting to see if he fizzles or shines 4 years down the road. :jump:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Yesterday, I thought that the Capitals' steal was Sami Lepisto... but after today, taking Oscar Hedman at #132 probably takes the cake. Both are excellent, however.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I believe the Oilers steal came in the first round. I can't believe Schremp had fallen so far before being picked. Green would have been a nice player as well, but I was happy with the two choices.

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
The Minnesota Wild got a steal in Round 9 in Kyle Wilson. I know I am higher on him than many on this board, but he should have gone a good 4 rounds higher IMHO. Wilson may not excel in any one area, but if he continues to develop like he did between his Freshman and Sophomore years he could be a 3rd/4th line player in the NHL. Keep in mind that the last two years he was the youngest player on his team. While a lot of players drafted never live up to their projection, I thought Wilson deserved to go higher than he did

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
Jannik Hansen to Vancouver at #287 was also a steal. He was a late riser but if he learns to play a more physical game he has a lot of offensive upside

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Oscar Hedman was widely considered the 2nd best Swedish prospect, and a late first/early second, taken in the 5th round by WSH.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Stolyarov, detroits 8th round pick, is going to be a steal. Is going to blow up the RSL next year.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
John Carter

last pick in draft will haunt many a team IMO.I hope so. Also I'm glad someone suggested Gawryletz.he also could be with time.In addition, I think Zarb could suprise as well.You may think the Flyers had a weak crop this year but consider we got 2 "free" #1's in Ben Eager(throw in), and RJ Umberger. Go Flyers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->