OT: If you played in the NHL, what type of player would you be?

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I play F and D. I'm not very big and not particularly fast. But I've got a wicked shot and am pretty smart/efficient, and am tenacious on the puck. I guess the closest stylistic comparables on the Blues would be Jaden Schwartz for F and Jordan Schmaltz for D ?

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Jori Lethera, but slower. Also, slightly less cocaine.
tumblr_phg9am7hcy1ts13x8_540.jpg

That's literally not possible

As for who I'd be, definitely Pronger, I've always been a better defensive player in sports, and I also enjoyed physicality.

Reactions: HighNote

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Me: a LW in the mold of Steve Shutt, but a right-hand shot. [Yes, I know that looks and sounds weird. So am I, and it still works.] Capable of playing on the top line, but probably better suited to playing 2nd line. Average skating, but capable of getting separation in a couple strides. Not a physical player, but willing to pick my chances when needed. Underrated defensive awareness; not the guy everyone identifies as a star, but the guy when you look down the roster you say, "oh yeah - him ... yeah, that's the kind of guy you gotta have on your team if you're going to win."

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
When I played hockey, I was pretty much like Bouwmeester. I was a quiet, defensive defenseman with good passing skills and kind of a weak shot. I wasn't very physical and I relied more on my stick checking and positioning which I was pretty good at. I would occasionally throw a nice hip check, but that was about it in terms of hitting. I did not, however, do people's taxes.

If I could choose what type of player I would be, I'd say Datsyuk.

Reactions: shpongle falls

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I can't skate. I'm overweight. I'm 40 something. But if I were in my prime and such:

I'd be Dallas Drake, Craig Conroy, Steve Ott, Ryan Reaves, and Shanye Corson mixed into one ball of fight and determination. Not the best, but gives it all and gets it done.

Or

Steamers reference:
I'd have the energy of Jeff Cacciatore, shot as hard as Tony "The Pocket Rocket" Glavin, defensive awareness of Carl Rose, thighs like Steve Pecher, and offensive zone awareness of Don "I want to be Steve Zungul" Ebert.

Amberelise

May 8, 2010
Chi-town
I would be the type of player that leverages fame to get expensive women and then make terrible decisions regarding said women. Yes I said women, not woman. When you're famous you need to take advantage of that and "date" women in every city. Remember....if you're a man being a **** is a noble endeavour.

So, Theo Fleury.

Reactions: TK 421

Amberelise

May 8, 2010
Chi-town
From the days when I played - Adam Foote. I was always so nervous about holding my assignment and had no guts to try to do anything creative or fancy. Just do my job and don't screw up.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I was the kid who joined later because his parents couldn't afford it growing up, who no one wanted on their line/pairing because I wasn't a great skater or great at handling the puck (on skates), but who the coach always wanted on the ice because I was tenacious, had great vision/IQ, was stronger than everyone else (even though I was small), and somehow found a way to make timely assists and score against the best goalies. I also had a hell of a glove hand (from baseball) and was a great goalie on the streets, so was the backup goalie.

I would say a Gumption Sobotka mixed with Sundqvist type of forward, Polak/Jackman D, and the goalie styles of Martin Brodeur and Curtis Joseph.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->