Speculation: If you only got to keep 10 players assigned in Rangers past TDL, who would you choose?

Pick Em'

• Henrik Lundqvist (G)

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Alexandar Georgiyev (G)

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Fredrik Claesson (D)

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Tony DeAngelo (D)

Votes: 73 64.6%
  • Adam McQuaid (D)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Neal Pionk (D)

Votes: 83 73.5%
  • Kevin Shattenkirk (D)

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • Brady Skjei (D)

Votes: 108 95.6%
  • Brendan Smith (D)

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Marc Staal (D)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Beleskey (LW)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Pavel Buchnevich (RW/LW)

Votes: 88 77.9%
  • Filip Chytil (C)

Votes: 107 94.7%
  • Jesper Fast (RW)

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Kevin Hayes (C/LW)

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Brett Howden (C)

Votes: 106 93.8%
  • Chris Kreider (LW)

Votes: 102 90.3%
  • Vinni Lettieri (C/RW)

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Cody McLeod (LW)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vladislav Namestnikov (C/W)

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Ryan Spooner (C/W)

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Jimmy Vesey (LW/RW)

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Mika Zibanejad (C)

Votes: 100 88.5%
  • Mats Zuccarello (RW)

Votes: 22 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
For me the last guy came down to a choice between Henrik, Pavel and ADA. I went with Henrik (who IMO is virtually untradeable anyway). The thought for me was keeping the goalie position strong to transition to Georgiev (who I also protected) and Shesterkin. For me Shatty and ADA are a little too much alike---good offensive D who need to be sheltered from certain situations. Buchnevich really needs to take a step forward this year and so far I'm not seeing it. Both he and ADA are players I would reconsider later. Shatty I would move if I could--he's better than ADA right now but ADA's much cheaper contract would make me choose him over Shatty who so far has not nearly lived up to what we're paying him.

Good luck trying to trade Staal too. Not going to happen. Buying him out next summer seems the way to go with him IMO.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Good luck trying to trade Staal too. Not going to happen. Buying him out next summer seems the way to go with him IMO.

Not sure why the Rangers retirement home in Florida havnt stepped in and let Staal move there yet... Cmon Tampa, he deserves some golf!

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not sure why the Rangers retirement home in Florida havnt stepped in and let Staal move there yet... Cmon Tampa, he deserves some golf!

Well they had to buy out Girardi too--they didn't trade him. I don't buy into the idea that either Dan or Marc are worthless. More the issue was their respective cap hits for what they brought and Staal is nowhere near worth $5.7 mil a year. In any case it seemed whenever I went to check on the Tampa forum on HF last year they were very happy with Girardi. I think Cooper's use of him was world's more astute than AV's. Cooper primarily put him in defensive situations and in the kind of a defensive system that didn't play to Girardi's weaknesses and the player responded nicely. Somewhat the same could happen a bit to Marc this year with Quinn as coach but still he's nowhere near worth his cap hit and the Rangers should have replacements ready for him if not this year then next year.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
I don't buy into the idea that either Dan or Marc are worthless.

Im not saying they are, especially not McD.. heck i still cry every night before going to sleep over him leaving.. or well.. in all seriousness tho.. Callahan and McD have been two of my personal favorites over the last few years in Rangers.

I just find it funny that TB has Stralman, McD, Girardi, Miller and Callahan. If one Dman could play winger that could be a full line.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Would have picked hayes but he's UFA anyways. It was a tough one between pionk and DeAngelo but went with pionk because he actually gets regular minutes for this and the previous coaching staff.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Only one person (not me) was perceptive enough to realize that Chytil can be sent down and therefore not necessarily lost Rangers property by not being included in the top-10.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Only one person (not me) was perceptive enough to realize that Chytil can be sent down and therefore not necessarily lost Rangers property by not being included in the top-10.
Same can be said for Howden, Pionk, and Georgiev. I don't think waiver eligibility has anything to do with it, though. It's about, if we had to trade away a bunch of guys at the deadline and could only keep 10 of who we currently have on the roster, who would it be? Basically, pick your ten "keepers" from the current squad.

Also, technically, Boo Nieves should be on here. Especially if we're including Beleskey! :laugh:

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Wow, this poll made me realize how little I care about almost every player on the roster. Honestly, Lundqvist, Chytil and Howden are the only 3 players I would be bothered if we moved (Lundqvist strictly for nostalgia purposes). Everyone else is movable, at the right price of course.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Wow, this poll made me realize how little I care about almost every player on the roster. Honestly, Lundqvist, Chytil and Howden are the only 3 players I would be bothered if we moved (Lundqvist strictly for nostalgia purposes). Everyone else is movable, at the right price of course.

FWIW pretty much anyone of our players could be traded and as long as I felt we got fair or better than fair value back I'd be okay with it......but I've been following the team for a long time so I know you can get over practically anyone moving on either to another team or into retirement. No one lasts forever.

That said it's almost impossible to not have favorites and it's almost impossible when the team isn't very good to not like certain players all that much. Some of those lesser liked players might not have a lot of market value though and might end up sticking around just because of that fact while some favorite player moves on precisely because there is more value. In these times I think though it is better not to become too attached to anyone.

Another thing I find it difficult to like other team's players or root for other teams than the Rangers or even root for ex-Rangers. Once they've moved on I tend to let them go---they don't matter to me a lot anymore.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
They should just dress the "Little Rangers". Aside from child labor law issues, playing the Little Rangers would not only help the tank, but it would also allow us to cut the deadweight and "just let the kids play...".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad