If you haven't already....say hello to Nigel Dawes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Should have been the Top Forward at the WJC, but because the USA got a lucky bounce he was robbed!

33 goals in 30 games so far for little Nigel in the dub, on a crappy Kootenay Ice team. All they have is Dawes and he's still lighting it up!

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
HabLover said:
Should have been the Top Forward at the WJC, but because the USA got a lucky bounce he was robbed!

33 goals in 30 games so far for little Nigel in the dub, on a crappy Kootenay Ice team. All they have is Dawes and he's still lighting it up!
Dawes wasn't even a first team all-star, how can you make a case for him being best forward? Parise was easily the best.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Never-the-less, I was impressed by him. Very slick player. Too bad he's property of the Rangers.

BCCHL inactive

Parise got the top forward because he had a stellar round robin. He was almost invisible in the Gold Medal Game...when Dawes and Stewart ran the show for the first two periods. O'Sullivan was the show for the US in the 3rd period, with a little help from Fleury.

I think Dawes or Stewart could have gotten the top forward award.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I've always wondered why he was drafted so low? Looks like he has all the tools to me. Nice pick by the Rangers, but he should play in Hartford for a while.

thestonedkoala

I think, and don't kill me for this, but size had to do with why he was picked a little low. Not the entire reason why he was picked low but the guy is kind of tiny (they list him at 5'8") and if people think Bouchard, who has world-talent, and Hudler, who has the same kind of talent was a reach for the first two rounds, then what about Dawes? HE should've been picked in the upper rounds (3rd/4th) but a lot of guys slipped in this draft due to weird reasons.

I mean I know why Couchraine slipped. Small, skating is a bit of a problem (which is strange since the Wild don't pick anyone with bad skating) but he's doing okay in the WHL.

Hydroponic Harold

Its pretty safe to say if Harding would of played nets we would be celebrating Gold now .The game wasnt close until Fleury self destructed .It was like the Olympic finals ....total domination by Canada , but we didnt even get average goaltending from Fleury .
I know everyone in canada is saying on TV that it wasnt his fault ..but yep ..it was .If it was a best of 7 we would win the next 4 with Harding in net .
The US is definitely making huge strides in their development , and are indeed the 2nd best hockey playing nation in the world right now , but we are still #1 .
Yeah im still bitter .
Oh and Nigel Dawes , Anthony Stewart and Shawn Belle will help bring more minorities into the fantastic game of hockey ..3 up and coming stars .

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Jacobv2 said:
Never-the-less, I was impressed by him. Very slick player. Too bad he's property of the Rangers.

Actually, that's a good thing considering the Rangers willingness to trade prospects. Maybe they want Tarnstrom. :D

Sorry Rangers fans, I had to do it.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
I think, and don't kill me for this, but size had to do with why he was picked a little low. Not the entire reason why he was picked low but the guy is kind of tiny (they list him at 5'8") and if people think Bouchard, who has world-talent, and Hudler, who has the same kind of talent was a reach for the first two rounds, then what about Dawes? HE should've been picked in the upper rounds (3rd/4th) but a lot of guys slipped in this draft due to weird reasons.

I mean I know why Couchraine slipped. Small, skating is a bit of a problem (which is strange since the Wild don't pick anyone with bad skating) but he's doing okay in the WHL.

Ummm....he outplayed Hudler by a country mile!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad