If You Had to Choose

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It's a tough call, but I'm going to go with the 100 chicken-sized horses.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I know it's a hard concept for many of you to grasp but its simple.

Mika or Guy an why.

The question is technically impossible at this moment due to stipulations in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Therefore, it's not that it's a hard concept to grasp, it's that the point of the exercise is so fantastical as to not merit any serious discussion.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The question is technically impossible at this moment due to stipulations in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Therefore, it's not that it's a hard concept to grasp, it's that the point of the exercise is so fantastical as to not merit any serious discussion.

How about you try this, 2 5 year contracts then.

The term is the next ten years regardless of how it gets there.

Is that simple enough?

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
How about you try this, 2 5 year contracts then.

The term is the next ten years regardless of how it gets there.

Is that simple enough?

Again, not possible. You can't lock someone up for more than 8 years at a time. Even if you were to sign them now for 5 years, and then extend them after year 3, I'd still not understand why we have to lock up one of them for that long when it makes no sense to commit to that kind of term.

I'd have no problem if you were just asking who has more value right now, who will be more important to the organization for the next decade, etc. But you seem insistent on tying them into contracts that make no sense whatsoever.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There's also absolutely 0 point in locking up Mika Zibanejad long-term... he is still a prospect on his ELC, we control his destiny without locking him up for a while.

Those guys never get locked-up long term unless they proved themselves in the NHL...

Close thread is the only option I see

Scooter Magee*

Would you sign Zibanejad or Latendresse to a 10 year contract if you had to make that choice right now?

With Turris being here for the foreseeable future Mika will most likely get put on the wing.

Health issues aside, who do you keep?

Hahaha.jpg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Latendresse sucks. I watched him last night - only difference between him and Kovalev was the # on his sweater.

Glad you said it & not me, but I was thinking the same thing, he reminds me of Kovalev. Hoepfully, he will work a lot harder as the season progresses because he only has a one yr contract & is working towards another contract.

TheOriginalSilf*

Latendresse sucks. I watched him last night - only difference between him and Kovalev was the # on his sweater.

Glad you said it & not me, but I was thinking the same thing, he reminds me of Kovalev. Hoepfully, he will work a lot harder as the season progresses because he only has a one yr contract & is working towards another contract.

Kovalev and Latendresse aren't even close to being similar... at all. Yeesh. The guy is a bit of a slower skater but he back checks, buzzes around the net and hits. Kovalev doesn't back check, has amazing hands, and shows little to no effort on most nights.

This comparison makes absolutely no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->