If you had to build a team...

In their prime who do you build a team with? Only one choice?

• Total voters

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bergeron's been in his prime for like 10 years now, it's tough to say he was better in 2011 than he is now or vice versa. He also contributes more on both sides of the puck IMO.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Great question.

Went with Chara simply because in his prime, he was on the ice for 25-28 minutes per game, IIRC.

That's a lot of time where the best defensive player in the league is on the ice, plus his physical presence/toughness.

Bergeron would be among my top 3 or so current forwards though.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Chara because you build champions from the back end out.
Depends on who comes first, you won't pass on a Bergy because your waiting for a chara.

They'll never show up at same time. It's rare to get one, imagine 2.

Reactions: Blowfish

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I had to go with Bergeron, and I can't help but feel a little biased about it since he's my favorite Bruin of all time.

Chara is a great choice as well; we have been lucky to have both for so long. Two HOF players and quality people to boot.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I went with Z. And to think, in a different system he could have been better. All that cycling on defense beats up defenseman. Clode’s system beats up defenseman. They sacrifice their body too much.

Reactions: PepeBostones

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Wow. Neat thread.

I went with Bergeron because he really is the complete package. Chara is one of the best shutdown D of all time but he’s not that same “full package” that Bergeron is IMO.

Both great choices though.

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Wow. Neat thread.

I went with Bergeron because he really is the complete package. Chara is one of the best shutdown D of all time but he’s not that same “full package” that Bergeron is IMO.

Both great choices though.

And the best part. ....

They're forever bruins that we had the pleasure watching in their primes.

50/50 votes sounds about right to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad