If you had a time machine.....

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I go back and crash my vehicle into Craig Button's to prevent him making his way to the office and waiving Marty St. Louis and trading Marc Savard for Ruslan Zaynullin. I then reap the rewards of a top line of St.Louis - Savard - Iginla for the next decade.
I don't think you can prevent those moves, but Craig Button was very open with the fans and would respond to their emails / letters.

What you can do is use this to say 'hey Craig you're about to make a huge mistake with these two, let's talk after I'm proven right' then that's your "in" with the organization.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
I don't think you can prevent those moves, but Craig Button was very open with the fans and would respond to their emails / letters.

What you can do is use this to say 'hey Craig you're about to make a huge mistake with these two, let's talk after I'm proven right' then that's your "in" with the organization.

"Craig, I'm from the future and you need to trust me that letting Marty St. Louis and Marc Savard go for nothing will create a decades long search to find top line talent to play with Jarome Iginla, severely impeding our ability to go deep in the playoffs for the rest of his career (except once)."

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
Wasn't the whole thing a publicity stunt for his book? Rumours are the Flames wanted to sign him but Theo said no.

I have a friend who is friends with Fleury and he said that Fleury is/was so pissed at the flames organization that he will/would not retire a flame. He took it as a personal insult to be cut by the team.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I go back and crash my vehicle into Craig Button's to prevent him making his way to the office and waiving Marty St. Louis and trading Marc Savard for Ruslan Zaynullin. I then reap the rewards of a top line of St.Louis - Savard - Iginla for the next decade.

No, if I could redo, Button would not have been in Calgary at all.

Worst GM in franchise history and everyone knows. He couldn't find another real GM job. Funny people still think he is a talent expert and buy that crap he put out on prospects.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Different take:

If you had a time machine and time traveled the 2015 Hartley coached playoff team and pit them against the 2019 Peters coached post All Star team, who wins?

The 2015 was riddled with injuries and had way less talent, but so much luck and work ethic.
The 2019 team is hands down the more talented team, but confusing coaching and very inconsistent on ice product.

Reactions: Boomstick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad