If you don't have the Summit Series '72 DVD yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooch*

ClassicHockey said:
No problem. I do want to be helpful. After all, if you do have these tapes, they would be the biggest discovery since the 1972 Canada-Russia games. Although I am very skeptical, you deserve a chance to prove your find.

By the way, regarding all those great Boston games that WSBK had televised from 1967 on, the hi-lites were extracted and the cassettes reused. Too bad.

This could be the first discovery by connections through this site..good stuff

chooch*

ClassicHockey said:
You are an optimist.

Lookin forward to watching some great hockey.

As far as the business side do these tapes turn a profit? In your opinion, what was the cost of the 72 tapes to bring to market and what was the profit? Just an educated guess.

We're talking a tiny market here.

ClassicHockey

May 22, 2005
Tapes

Its hard to say because its complicated and I suppose its like books where there are returns and discounts. The market isn't huge, you are right about that.
The 1972 tapes were extremely expensive to convert and the players had to be paid as well, so the costs were high. I think that they lost money on that production.
The only sets of tapes that sell extremely well are Don Cherry's 'Rockem Sockem'.

It looks like the DVD set of the 1976 Canada Cup games is on again.

chooch said:
Lookin forward to watching some great hockey.

As far as the business side do these tapes turn a profit? In your opinion, what was the cost of the 72 tapes to bring to market and what was the profit? Just an educated guess.

We're talking a tiny market here.

Backin72

Jul 9, 2004
Winnipeg
Sounds like ClassicHockey works or had worked in broadcasting. Same here.

I worked with Brian McFarlane on the Jets broadcasts. He was with us for just one season, I think, maybe two. Good guy.

Where I worked in the early 80's, we had two quads. Had to put them babies on 10 rolls or they wouldn't lock up. :shakehead

ClassicHockey

May 22, 2005
Brian McFarlane

Brian McFarlane is a good friend of mine. He's doing well but winding down his hockey work now, concentrating on writing children's books (like his Dad who wrote the Hardy Boys)

Brian has a lot of great stories and helped me get started in my career. I've helped him with research and I've written a number of stories for his 'Original 6' series of hockey books.

If you want to email me, I'll tell you more of what I'm involved with.

Backin72 said:
Sounds like ClassicHockey works or had worked in broadcasting. Same here.

I worked with Brian McFarlane on the Jets broadcasts. He was with us for just one season, I think, maybe two. Good guy.

Where I worked in the early 80's, we had two quads. Had to put them babies on 10 rolls or they wouldn't lock up. :shakehead

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
P.S. Good to hear there might be a '76 DVD set. If it's true, anway.

Also an optimist,

MoneyP

chooch*

moneyp said:
Nope. Your guy never responded to me. I don't really have the time at the moment to pursue it further.

You have time to post on the HF boards but not to act on the biggest discovery in hockey since the 72 Team Canada tapes?

ClassicHockey

May 22, 2005
76 series

Glad to see you have a sense of humour.

I always knew you couldn't have had the 1971 series tapes because your information on the tapes had no credibility at all. But you wanted to have some fun and you can continue the charade for whatever reason you have.

Enough of this nonsense. Your other posts seem sensible enough.

moneyp said:
P.S. Good to hear there might be a '76 DVD set. If it's true, anway.

Also an optimist,

MoneyP

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
chooch said:
You have time to post on the HF boards but not to act on the biggest discovery in hockey since the 72 Team Canada tapes?

No, I'm saying I don't have time to dick around with people who don't respond to my e-mails. Ask your buddy at Molson's why he doesn't have the time to act on it.

I'm more interested in resources for restoring and transferring content off of half-inch reels, anyway. Got any contacts in that area, O Connected One?

chooch*

moneyp said:
No, I'm saying I don't have time to dick around with people who don't respond to my e-mails. Ask your buddy at Molson's why he doesn't have the time to act on it.

I'm more interested in resources for restoring and transferring content off of half-inch reels, anyway. Got any contacts in that area, O Connected One?

Dont ask me, ask CH- he's the connected guy with intelligent, interesting and thoughtful posts. I'm the guy usually replying to an enthusiastic dog named bucky.

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you physically touched the reels and have you ever watched them to verify their contents?

I'm sure someone here can help you to get them transferred.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
chooch said:
Dont ask me, ask CH- he's the connected guy with intelligent, interesting and thoughtful posts. I'm the guy usually replying to an enthusiastic dog named bucky.
Out of curiosity, when was the last time you physically touched the reels and have you ever watched them to verify their contents?

I'm sure someone here can help you to get them transferred.

This has not gone unnoticed. While I appreciate the interest and am flattered by your constant attention, I would like to make it clear that I'm not interested in being more than just friends. :)

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
chooch said:

Sorry, I got you two mixed up. Same damned avatar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad