If you don't go to college, you'll be flipping burgers for the rest of your life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
...and you'll likely be working at one of my restaurants. Hi, I'm James Crick, and I'm the owner of over 300 fast casual franchises in the United States and Canada. I opened my first one at age 25 with my savings and a small loan, and have since rapidly expanded through hard work and business acumen. Our customer-oriented approach has created an award-winning dining experience that has also resulted in my net worth ballooning to over $450 million. So if you don't go to college, no worries, because we're always hiring. :cheers:

Reactions: Dumpster Flyers

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
...and you'll likely be working at one of my restaurants. Hi, I'm James Crick, and I'm the owner of over 300 fast casual franchises in the United States and Canada. I opened my first one at age 25 with my savings and a small loan, and have since rapidly expanded through hard work and business acumen. Our customer-oriented approach has created an award-winning dining experience that has also resulted in my net worth ballooning to over $450 million. So if you don't go to college, no worries, because we're always hiring. :cheers:
The owner, or you've been fired from over 300 of them for not flipping burgers correctly?

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Honestly, its not the college that prevents the burger flipping. Its what you study.

I know tons of people who went to university for courses like philosophy, who are mean burger flippers, likely asking themselves "why" as the only purpose being shown to them of their course having been worth it.

The smartest business decision one can make before studying in college, is assessing the market they want to find themselves in. If jobs are scarce, it likely means you won't find one, and will be a few grand lighter in the wallet, to boot. Paying that off with a minimum wage job, means you essentially doing so until you retire--if you ever do.

I don't think telling someone to get an education is a bad bit of advice.

However, studying in something that gives you strong job skills, is worth more than doing something "fun" you'll literally be unable to get anything other than a fancy line on your resume for.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
He's right. Used to flip burgers. Went to college for a few months and dropped out/retired for life

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Secure men never need to own more than 299 fast casual franchises in the United States and Canada. Sorry about your penis.

Reactions: Darth Bangkok

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
My son Winston Diablo tried opening a sandwich shop in the Bay Area. He immediately started hemorrhaging money and asked me for a bailout. I told him no free rides, just work harder. Before long, he had to shut it down and file for bankruptcy like a loser. Winston Diablo is an absolute failure.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
My son Winston Diablo tried opening a sandwich shop in the Bay Area. He immediately started hemorrhaging money and asked me for a bailout. I told him no free rides, just work harder. Before long, he had to shut it down and file for bankruptcy like a loser. Winston Diablo is an absolute failure.

More like Loseton amirite??

Reactions: H3ckt1k

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Never did a day of schooling past my last day of high school. Since that time I’m now married, own a house, two vehicles, I’m able to go on vacation multiple times a year and living comfortably with my wife without ever needing to pay even one dollar to any college/university. Don’t need college just a brain to figure stuff out. That being said which restaurants do you own cause I always love a good burger 😎

Last edited:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
College just turns good order followers into sheep.

Never did a day of schooling past my last day of high school. Since that time I’m now married, own a house, two vehicles, I’m able to go on vacation multiple times a year and living comfortably with my wife without ever needing to pay even one dollar to any college/university. Don’t need college just a brain to figure stuff out. That being said which restaurants do you own cause I always love a good burger 😎
You do what then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad