If You Could Pick 1 Forward, 1dman, 1 Goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
GorillazXL said:
Well Alexei would be pretty flattered.

haha probably. I am not saying he is a bobby orr of a prospect, but he will be a top pairing dman for the oilers in a few years (maybe sooner) and someday may contend for the Norris.

Semenov is already a powerplay quarterback for the Oilers and once got a clocking of 105 mph on his shot. Dont forget his 6'6 and plays a good physical game to.

Im not expecting him to go to the hall of fame and if i did get the chance to pick 3 players he would more than likely not be one. I just mentioned him for the sake of spreading some light on this extremely underated top prospect.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
As much as I like Ovechkin, I'm going to have to go with the proven quantity.

Ilya Kovalchuk

J-Bo (though Pitkanen if he keeps getting better...)

Luongo easily.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
People are really forgetting about Heatley, because of his accident.
After he came back he had 25 points in 31 games, not bad for coming back from two busted knees and overwhelming emotional grief.
If he played the full season, he would've been on pace for 35 goals and 33 assists. He woudlve in all likelyhood done alot better because he would have been playing with a clean sheet. I am not saying he is better than Kovalchuk, because I don't know if he is, but I am saying that he is almost forgotten about around here.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
jtuzzi21 said:
People are really forgetting about Heatley, because of his accident.
After he came back he had 25 points in 31 games, not bad for coming back from two busted knees and overwhelming emotional grief.
If he played the full season, he would've been on pace for 35 goals and 33 assists. He woudlve in all likelyhood done alot better because he would have been playing with a clean sheet. I am not saying he is better than Kovalchuk, because I don't know if he is, but I am saying that he is almost forgotten about around here.
until he gets the big numbers then i will believe it.. he could be another player that is great but always gets injured

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I know some of these are personal preferences... but still, you gotta take the proven commodities instead of the potential.

I mean, why take someone who could be amazing, over someone who already is?

I think Crosby could have as much impact as Kovalchuk has now, but I don't know.

Likewise, I think Lehtonen could be as good as Luongo is now, but I'm not certain.

I'll laugh when my team has 3 solid players who are relatively proven, while your team has a bust or two.

Galiza_Rules

Jan 22, 2004
Santiago, Galiza
To build a franchise around:
Without injuries (ideal world):
T. Ruutu (he has reconstructive surgery on both knees and with his style of play, that I love, it's only cuestion of time a heavy injurie)
J. Pitkanen (Problems with concussions => ¿Lindros curse? although this season in the phantoms he hasn't got problems)
K Lehtonen

But in the real world I will go with:
B. Richards (The conn smythe say something, although he needs a goalscorer at the wing because i think he can't be a 30 goal per season player)
B. Stuart (He was forget and only have 25)
K. lehtonen

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
danny said:
good point, not many players will....However Gordie Howe was with the wings for 25 years, Delviccio (spelling) must have been with them for close to that long to. and how many years has Yzerman been with the Wings?
Yzerman, and Daneyko are the last two players that will play their entire career with one team. It simply won't happen anymore. Free agency, and wanting to win the cup and trade deadline deals, and even the possibility of non guaranteed contracts is something that may come into it in the new CBA. Therefore, there is little to no chance of a player being with his a first team for his whole career.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Puckhead said:
Yzerman, and Daneyko are the last two players that will play their entire career with one team. It simply won't happen anymore. Free agency, and wanting to win the cup and trade deadline deals, and even the possibility of non guaranteed contracts is something that may come into it in the new CBA. Therefore, there is little to no chance of a player being with his a first team for his whole career.

I'm pretty sure there will be a few exceptions.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
danny said:
If you could pick one forward, one dman, one goalie to start you NHL franchise who would it be? Ofcourse the player has to be under the age of 25.

My Choice:
Sidney Crosby
Alexei Semenov (he has a idefnite upside, but this pick might change)
Kari Lethonen

Who would u guys pick?

:lol:

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
Since i have finally realised how stupid my first pick was, I will re-consider and take

Kovalchuk
Pitkanen (although Liles could be great)
Lehtonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad